• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ackatack

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
Just completed my tow hook cover prototypes. I plan to re-print in ASA to hold up better to the UV and humidity in FL (these were printed in PLA). Not sure if I should stick with this blue or go darker. Part of me wants to see what they would look like in red or even bronze. Just depends how many rolls of filament I want to buy!
I'd be interested if anyone has suggestions on these, such as color, modifications etc. I even thought about adding a knurling layer on the surface (not sure how to even do that, but I am sure I could google an answer to that).
F-150 Tow Hook Covers by Dpetricca - Thingiverse

IMG_8275.jpg
PETG has better UV resistance than ABS. You may want to consider using PETG for items you use externally on the truck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
PETG has better UV resistance than ABS. You may want to consider using PETG for items you use externally on the truck.
Iā€™ve never printed PETG, but I might give it a shot. When I did my initial research ASA was highly recommended for outdoor use, but it looks like PETG is good too. ASA is similar to ABS, but with much higher UV resistance. Looks like PETG is easier to print though. Thanks!

https://www.hubs.com/knowledge-base/3d-printing-for-outdoor-use/

ciferguson37733

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager
Great idea for a thread. Here are some I have printed or like related to the Lightning. I tried linking to the forum post where I could find it if a member here created it.

Items I have printed for my Lightning:
While I didn't print these, I think they are a great idea:

Printed the charge port weather cover yesterday - fits perfect - thanks!!!

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I posted this one a while back in another thread, but here is my key fob card to get "PAAK" functionality for those of us without the feature. I did a full write up on the Thingiverse link, so if you want to follow my process, you should be able to procure everything from the links there. Fairly easy print (though you can tell from the images I needed to clean my bed better between prints), however, it does require some soldering.

Ford Card Fob by Dpetricca - Thingiverse

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun IMG_0024

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun IMG_8230

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun IMG_8231

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun IMG_8232

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I will start with something I did quickly today. My daughter thought I should make a lightning keychain (more like a charm to hang from the rearview mirror). I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll hang it from the mirror or make it the new mail key chain, but anyway I designed a front view of the lightning for a keychain. Was fairly quick to design, and printed super easily.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6643265

IMG_8255.jpeg
That is so cool Daryl! Thank you so much for sharing with us. :)

Sponsored

palerob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER Lightning
I have to say this thread made me register and stop lurking!

I designed an arm that can be used with an insert for the rear cup holders that can be used with any GoPro like mount.

https://www.printables.com/model/882111-mounting-arm-with-gopro-like-reciever-for-f150-cup

The insert that you need is found here.

https://www.printables.com/model/350210-2021-f150-cupholder-adapter,

I printed mine in ABS and the fit is great!

I have a few more items in the works and will post them as I get them uploaded.

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I have to say this thread made me register and stop lurking!

I designed an arm that can be used with an insert for the rear cup holders that can be used with any GoPro like mount.

https://www.printables.com/model/882111-mounting-arm-with-gopro-like-reciever-for-f150-cup

The insert that you need is found here.

https://www.printables.com/model/350210-2021-f150-cupholder-adapter,

I printed mine in ABS and the fit is great!

I have a few more items in the works and will post them as I get them uploaded.
Welcome! The that looks like an awesome design. I may print that when I finish my next project. My printer has been fairly busy as I work on a sliding bed divider solution.
I noticed you printed this on a P1S. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on that exact printer. How do you like it? Also I downloaded their software to see the print times for some of the stuff I am working on. Do you find that the times that the slicer gives are fairly accurate? My adventurer is 10-20% slower than the times that flash print estimates.

palerob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT ER Lightning
Welcome! The that looks like an awesome design. I may print that when I finish my next project. My printer has been fairly busy as I work on a sliding bed divider solution.
I noticed you printed this on a P1S. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on that exact printer. How do you like it? Also I downloaded their software to see the print times for some of the stuff I am working on. Do you find that the times that the slicer gives are fairly accurate? My adventurer is 10-20% slower than the times that flash print estimates.
This is going to seem odd, but I got the P1S on a whim... I blame Microcenter.

The P1S has impressed me for sure! It is fast and the quality is very good, so much so I did not print anything on my Prusa Mk3S for a month.

The AMS is a good addition to the P1S and there is actually a "Sales Event" going on right now from Bambu directly.

Print times are close, within a few minutes, as close as the Prusa with Prusa Slicer estimates.

Only draw back to the Bambu is the closed ecosystem, firmware etc. The Bambu slicer is also a little "sluggish". Also you should be aware the Bambu ecosystem defaults to a cloud configuration but you can configure the printer to "remain" on the local network.

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
This is going to seem odd, but I got the P1S on a whim... I blame Microcenter.

The P1S has impressed me for sure! It is fast and the quality is very good, so much so I did not print anything on my Prusa Mk3S for a month.

The AMS is a good addition to the P1S and there is actually a "Sales Event" going on right now from Bambu directly.

Print times are close, within a few minutes, as close as the Prusa with Prusa Slicer estimates.

Only draw back to the Bambu is the closed ecosystem, firmware etc. The Bambu slicer is also a little "sluggish". Also you should be aware the Bambu ecosystem defaults to a cloud configuration but you can configure the printer to "remain" on the local network.
Seems pretty in line with my research. Itā€™s a great printer, but not open source. However, everything I read seems to lead me to this being this best printer for the money if you just want a printer that will work. I am looking for a new printer since my lightning has inspired a lot of design ideas, but the prototyping process is painfully slow due to the print speed, and I have to get creative due to the tiny bed. Adventurer 3 has been a great starter printer, but I am in need of an upgrade. Thanks for the feedback! Think I may pull a trigger on the combo unit while the sale is active. I may also buy the hardened nozzles and gear set so I can experiment with carbon printing.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Just completed my tow hook cover prototypes. I plan to re-print in ASA to hold up better to the UV and humidity in FL (these were printed in PLA). Not sure if I should stick with this blue or go darker. Part of me wants to see what they would look like in red or even bronze. Just depends how many rolls of filament I want to buy!
I'd be interested if anyone has suggestions on these, such as color, modifications etc. I even thought about adding a knurling layer on the surface (not sure how to even do that, but I am sure I could google an answer to that).
F-150 Tow Hook Covers by Dpetricca - Thingiverse

IMG_8275.jpg
Let me know if you want someone to test in the dry, dusty, desert heat ;)

I don't have a printer and I'm not looking to get into printing, so if you do end up doing these in PETG and would be interested in selling a set, DM me with your price.

Sponsored

seththegr8

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
IT Professional
I had a 63 F100 for years and always loved the lightning bolt over the gear badging on the hood and steering wheel. I thought it was a no brainer that Ford would recycle this in some fashion for the lightning, but what do I know? I'm also surprised at the lack of aftermarket accessories with this logo. Could be a fun idea with a 3d printer.
Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun 1000002598

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun 1000002270

Or something like that.

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Let me know if you want someone to test in the dry, dusty, desert heat ;)

I don't have a printer and I'm not looking to get into printing, so if you do end up doing these in PETG and would be interested in selling a set, DM me with your price.
ASA or PETG should hold up. Iā€™m happy to do for shipping cost and filament price for any friends on this forum. When I say filament price, only if I have to buy a new roll. Otherwise if you are happy with a color I have, then Iā€™ll just send at shipping cost. I have gold and grey PETG, black, white, red, light and dark blue in ASA. Amazon has a sale on filament right no, so I just placed a fairly large order. DM me your address and preferred color. Also, you may need to be patient as I work it in between my other prints as Iā€™m working on another project. Though I have a 2nd printer due next week which should expand my capacity. šŸ˜€

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I had a 63 F100 for years and always loved the lightning bolt over the gear badging on the hood and steering wheel. I thought it was a no brainer that Ford would recycle this in some fashion for the lightning, but what do I know? I'm also surprised at the lack of aftermarket accessories with this logo. Could be a fun idea with a 3d printer.
1000002598.jpg

1000002270.png

Or something like that.
Iā€™ll take a crack at designing this up! Looks pretty cool!

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Seems pretty in line with my research. Itā€™s a great printer, but not open source. However, everything I read seems to lead me to this being this best printer for the money if you just want a printer that will work. I am looking for a new printer since my lightning has inspired a lot of design ideas, but the prototyping process is painfully slow due to the print speed, and I have to get creative due to the tiny bed. Adventurer 3 has been a great starter printer, but I am in need of an upgrade. Thanks for the feedback! Think I may pull a trigger on the combo unit while the sale is active. I may also buy the hardened nozzles and gear set so I can experiment with carbon printing.
I also have a P1 and I think it is definitely worth it compared to any printer on the market. The prints are excellent and the experience is smooth. I came from an ender 5 and I am so glad I am no longer tinkering with my printer.

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I also have a P1 and I think it is definitely worth it compared to any printer on the market. The prints are excellent and the experience is smooth. I came from an ender 5 and I am so glad I am no longer tinkering with my printer.
Good to know. I pulled the trigger this week and my printer is on its way! I look forward to the larger print bed and faster print times. Honestly, I will say my adventurer did not require much tinkering other than z calibration. Itā€™s just a tiny print bed (150x150x150) and is slow. But I would definitely recommend as a great starter printer (though the A1 mini may have taken that mantle). It will definitely be nice to experiment with the AMS system as well for multicolor prints.
Sponsored