• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Some light reading, but I think this aligns well with the message Ford needs to be sending. Keep politics and/or climate out of the discussion as those are very polarizing topics. Focus on the other benefits, especially for Truck buyers or auto enthusiasts.

https://x.com/jimfarley98/article/1806714831904325701
Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I agree with a lot of his points and believe the Biden administration really set back electric vehicle adoption with they're green washing agenda and trying to push adoption.

I reserved my Lightning after my daily morning stock talks with my supervisor and coworkers and one of them mention that Ford had a reveal the night before for the all electric F150. I was a current owner of a 2018 F150 and loved it and had no intention of buying a Lightning but figured it was $100 refundable deposit screw it lol. 3 months later I received an email invite to see the Lightning in person prior to the release and signed up not knowing I'd get to ride in one but that's when it went from a deposit to an obsession..... The pure speed was amazing and the quiet/smooth ride was all it took I was blown away.

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
I think politics are really stopping a lot of people from trying them out. Most people cannot seem to get over the 30-40 minute charging time at a public charger when itā€™s only 5 minutes for gas. They feel to realize that the 5 minute fill up only happens when you are running around doing groceries. If you are traveling on a road trip, you are not loosing any time because you by the time you need to charge, you gotta stretch your legs and the other stuff. But now Iā€™m preaching to the choir.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Itā€™s a sales pitch. Nothing more, nothing less.

ā€œEvery morning, mine is topped up with 300 miles of range.ā€

This is a misleading statement, imo, as anyone who understands current battery chemistry used in the lighting batteries would never top off the battery daily, and, imo, is the first of many clues Jim is doing his job as a salesman, and misleading those who donā€™t know any better. I love my lightning, but owning it has made me keenly aware of its strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited:

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
Some light reading, but I think this aligns well with the message Ford needs to be sending. Keep politics and/or climate out of the discussion as those are very polarizing topics. Focus on the other benefits, especially for Truck buyers or auto enthusiasts.

https://x.com/jimfarley98/article/1806714831904325701
Iā€™ve had my Lariat for 6 months. I grew up around and with muscle cars and loved them. I now have a muscle car in the form of a great truck. And I really like not sending money once every week or so to the Persian Gulf or Russia. Iā€™m much happier sending my money to American families in Detroit or anywhere else in North America. My work exposes me to the day-to-day realities (i.e., empirical facts) of our changing climate and the impacts on infrastructure. Set the politics aside, Iā€™m grateful Ford builds a vehicle that gives me what I want in a vehicle, but doesnā€™t add to the problems my fellow Americans are experiencing in steadily worsening measure. Yes, international mineral extraction for batteries needs a fix, but thatā€™s on the way.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Interesting interview

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I really like not sending money once every week or so to the Persian Gulf or Russia. Iā€™m much happier sending my money to American families in Detroit or anywhere else in North America.
The US was a net exporter of oil within the past 10 years. Your gas money stayed home then. Policies have changed such that we no longer are a net exporter. We are even being shut down on selling natural gas to countries that are instead forced to buy it from the Persian Gulf or Russia because of policy shifts.

Tom Jensen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning 2023
Occupation
Attorney
The US was a net exporter of oil within the past 10 years. Your gas money stayed home then. Policies have changed such that we no longer are a net exporter. We are even being shut down on selling natural gas to countries that are instead forced to buy it from the Persian Gulf or Russia because of policy shifts.
Oil is a global commodity. Prices are driven on a global basis and thatā€™s why ā€œnetā€ is in the term ā€œnet exporter.ā€ If 51 percent of my gas tank is full of US-origin hydrocarbons and 49 percent is from Venezuela, Iraq, Russia, Kazakhstan, or Saudi Arabia, Iā€™m still sending a large share of my money to bad guys. I prefer not to, and think most Americans feel the same way.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Oil is a global commodity. Prices are driven on a global basis and thatā€™s why ā€œnetā€ is in the term ā€œnet exporter.ā€ If 51 percent of my gas tank is full of US-origin hydrocarbons and 49 percent is from Venezuela, Iraq, Russia, Kazakhstan, or Saudi Arabia, Iā€™m still sending a large share of my money to bad guys. I prefer not to, and think most Americans feel the same way.
ā€œNet exporterā€ means 100% of your gas tank is American.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wellā€¦ youā€™re kinda hijacking the thread and missing part of the point. At this rate, This thread will just end up just like every other ev discussion and devolve into somebody saying Elon is a big mean poopy head instead of you know talking about the vehicles!

Sponsored

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Wellā€¦ youā€™re kinda hijacking the thread and missing part of the point. At this rate, This thread will just end up just like every other ev discussion and devolve into somebody saying Elon is a big mean poopy head instead of you know talking about the vehicles!
Sorry. It pretty much went straight to politics in the second post though.

OP
OP
luebri

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry. It pretty much went straight to politics in the second post though.
yep again thatā€™s the point, if EV fans/believers/enthusiasts would just let the vehicle speak for itself and avoid the other polarizing topics the adoption rates would be much higher.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Oh, I donā€™t knowā€¦I bought one just because of the truck. It has spoken. Great truck for around town. Complete pain when I leave town. Iā€™m going back to something I can put gas in. I think a lot of people have come to the same conclusion. Especially apartment dwellers who donā€™t have the luxury of charging at home.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Oh, I donā€™t knowā€¦I bought one just because of the truck. It has spoken. Great truck for around town. Complete pain when I leave town. Iā€™m going back to something I can put gas in. I think a lot of people have come to the same conclusion. Especially apartment dwellers who donā€™t have the luxury of charging at home.
Thatā€™s one of the reasons (minor) I keep my supercharged ā€˜04 CTSV that gets 9 mpg putting out 575 bhp. But I donā€™t pass many gas stations with it.
The perfect has always been the biggest enemy of the good.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last charge up to 90% had the GOM at 315 miles [ER], mild weather mostly secondary road driving inferred a 2.67 MPK

BUT

Yesterdays highway trip of 126 miles consumed 49% [90 to 41 %] inferring a 1.97 MPK

I bought this truck for its performance, not it's greeniness or cost effectiveness over liquid fuel.
Sponsored

Last edited: