• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reduced power with no Fault code

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I’ve read reports here that indicate it takes several weeks for the battery system to recalibrate and balance the cells of the HVB after a module replacement.

Could be what your seeing.
I just has this happen to me this morning. My truck was at the dealer for a month a few weeks ago getting a battery module replaced. I got it back and then flew out of town for a week so it wasn't driven. Worked fine yesterday. Got in it this morning and it went to 56% throttle when I shifted into reverse. Figured I could get to work and worry about it tomorrow. As I drove a .Ile it went down to 51%. I did notice a single click sound coming from the front when I accerlated from a stop but didn't think to check the motor power distribution. Turned around and went home and called the dealer. Got back in it about 10 minutes later and all is fine. So now I'm just monitoring it.
Sponsored

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lighting ER 512A
Had this issue happen to me for the first time this morning. My truck has about 6,100 miles on it. Overnight I was level 1 charging (up to around 75% charge) and I had a predeparture set for 7:30am. Also I got the 6.5.0 update last night around 1am. I left for work a little early at 7:15 (prior to the 7:30 departure) and I pressed the stop charging button and pulled the level 1 charger out. Got in the truck and started driving and honestly I didn’t noticed any driving difference for 10 mins of low speed in town driving. At a stop light I looked down and noticed the 56% power and knew immediately it was the front motor power issue because I’ve read about it here before. I kept driving a little and put on the power distribution screen and sure enough, no power and no regen to the front motor. I sent a recorded feedback note via my big screen. I stopped and turned the truck off, got out and locked it. Waited a minute or two and got in to drive and it showed 100% power until I put it into drive. Then it dropped to 56% again. After driving a few more mins I tried the restart again and still, same issue. I then drove it to my nearest dealer (was very close) and parked and left the vehicle on to show them. However the front desk guy said they are completely booked until the 3rd week of October! (about 5 weeks from now). So I went out to the truck, turned it off and just sat inside until all the screens turned off. I then restarted and this time it fixed itself. I started driving and everything was back to normal again. I drove for about an hour and no issues. I’m hoping when I leave work at the end of the day it’s still fine.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Had this issue happen to me for the first time this morning. My truck has about 6,100 miles on it. Overnight I was level 1 charging (up to around 75% charge) and I had a predeparture set for 7:30am. Also I got the 6.5.0 update last night around 1am. I left for work a little early at 7:15 (prior to the 7:30 departure) and I pressed the stop charging button and pulled the level 1 charger out. Got in the truck and started driving and honestly I didn’t noticed any driving difference for 10 mins of low speed in town driving. At a stop light I looked down and noticed the 56% power and knew immediately it was the front motor power issue because I’ve read about it here before. I kept driving a little and put on the power distribution screen and sure enough, no power and no regen to the front motor. I sent a recorded feedback note via my big screen. I stopped and turned the truck off, got out and locked it. Waited a minute or two and got in to drive and it showed 100% power until I put it into drive. Then it dropped to 56% again. After driving a few more mins I tried the restart again and still, same issue. I then drove it to my nearest dealer (was very close) and parked and left the vehicle on to show them. However the front desk guy said they are completely booked until the 3rd week of October! (about 5 weeks from now). So I went out to the truck, turned it off and just sat inside until all the screens turned off. I then restarted and this time it fixed itself. I started driving and everything was back to normal again. I drove for about an hour and no issues. I’m hoping when I leave work at the end of the day it’s still fine.
That first key cycle wasn't long enough for everything to actually shut down. You should be good at this point

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
These big updates are a burden on the computer- takes some time for it all to settle. You’ll be alright in a little while

Sponsored

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well it happened again today after another overnight update. Front motor not operating and 56% power. The update this time was 24-PU0105-CMR-FX. I was plugged into level 1 same as before during the update but I did not have a predeparture set this time. I was running late for work so I had to drive on one motor (>50mph) but made 4 stops to turn off and turn on the truck again to fix it and the first three did not work. On the fourth try I left the truck off/locked for longer, about 10 minutes and that seems to have “fixed” the front motor issue again. It can’t be good for us to be driving on a “dead” motor and I hope Ford is monitoring this issue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Well it happened again today after another overnight update. Front motor not operating and 56% power. The update this time was 24-PU0105-CMR-FX. I was plugged into level 1 same as before during the update but I did not have a predeparture set this time. I was running late for work so I had to drive on one motor (>50mph) but made 4 stops to turn off and turn on the truck again to fix it and the first three did not work. On the fourth try I left the truck off/locked for longer, about 10 minutes and that seems to have “fixed” the front motor issue again. It can’t be good for us to be driving on a “dead” motor and I hope Ford is monitoring this issue.
Send a SYNC feedback report, and you might want to have the truck checked by your servicing dealer.

MountainAlive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks I’ll send feedback via Sync again. I wonder if there is another channel to send this specific kind of post update feedback directly to Ford BEV but unsure.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thanks I’ll send feedback via Sync again. I wonder if there is another channel to send this specific kind of post update feedback directly to Ford BEV but unsure.
Calling the BEV hotline, start with Fords general customer service number and work your way through the call router.

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
Calling the BEV hotline, start with Fords general customer service number and work your way through the call router.
Happened to me too this morning

Turned the truck on and off and it fixed
Itself after a mile of driving.
Lariat ER, oct 23 build
Sponsored