• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Sorry n00b question, what do the dashes versus “x” mean? I read the instructions and the X’s mean no change, but I don’t see any verbiage for the dashes.

Thank you!
Ford module software is written with these dashes. They separate discrete items on a particular software line.

So, if you see dashes in the module script in between "x"s, there are corresponding dashes when you run that module line thru FORScan. Think of them as punctuation.

Hope this makes sense.
Sponsored

SeeDubs8301

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Ford module software is written with these dashes. They separate discrete items on a particular software line.

So, if you see dashes in the module script in between "x"s, there are corresponding dashes when you run that module line thru FORScan. Think of them as punctuation.

Hope this makes sense.
I think so! So I would replicate the dashes looking if I see it on the instructions/posting?

Thank you so much for your help!!

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
I think so! So I would replicate the dashes looking if I see it on the instructions/posting?

Thank you so much for your help!!
You'll see them in the software line and you just "go around them" haha 'cause they're permanent / unchangeable. Like curbs.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Sorry n00b question, what do the dashes versus “x” mean? I read the instructions and the X’s mean no change, but I don’t see any verbiage for the dashes.

Thank you!
Literally same question asked 8 posts above yours #818.
If you’re referring to the two dashes at the end of each line they are check digits.

Sponsored

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just starting out with FORScan. Haven’t made any changes yet. I backed up all the as-built module configurations. For some modules, there is a second configuration line, without an “as built” in the title.

Should I back up the configurations not marked as built?
When I start modifications (e.g., glare free headlights), do I do anything with the non-as built configuration lines, or just make all the changes to the as builts?

I Looked through all 56 pages of this thread, the tutorial in post 1, and a bunch of other places. It’s probably been answered, but I must have missed it. Thanks.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Just starting out with FORScan. Haven’t made any changes yet. I backed up all the as-built module configurations. For some modules, there is a second configuration line, without an “as built” in the title.

Should I back up the configurations not marked as built?
When I start modifications (e.g., glare free headlights), do I do anything with the non-as built configuration lines, or just make all the changes to the as builts?

I Looked through all 56 pages of this thread, the tutorial in post 1, and a bunch of other places. It’s probably been answered, but I must have missed it. Thanks.
So here's what that's about.

The ones that say asbuilt are the ones where you would actually change alphanumeric values (hex) individually and then hit the "write" button. Optionally where you have three different lines that need to have changes made you can make all the individual changes and then hit the "write all" button which will overwrite all of the values stored in memory with the ones you see on your screen.

The modules that have no asbuilt in the title are the 'easy mode' version where the coders have simplified the changing of a value from 'enabled' to 'disabled' or vice versa to turn on or off a feature. For most of the changes you will probably make the easy mode is not appropriate because of the multiple variables involved. Some stuff you can do in the easy mode like in the APIM you can enable walk-away locking...and if your BCM has gotten the recent update that has that function in it then the toggles in Sync will now work based on the FORSCAN change you made.

Stuff like Glare-free lights involves multiple module changes so it's easier to just modify the hex values in the asbuilt versions of the modules.

Back up all of your modules before starting.

Check to make sure you are changing the correct line, and the correct value in the correct segment...and then check it again before changing it and hitting the 'write' button.

WRSNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So here's what that's about.

The ones that say asbuilt are the ones where you would actually change alphanumeric values (hex) individually and then hit the "write" button. Optionally where you have three different lines that need to have changes made you can make all the individual changes and then hit the "write all" button which will overwrite all of the values stored in memory with the ones you see on your screen.

The modules that have no asbuilt in the title are the 'easy mode' version where the coders have simplified the changing of a value from 'enabled' to 'disabled' or vice versa to turn on or off a feature. For most of the changes you will probably make the easy mode is not appropriate because of the multiple variables involved. Some stuff you can do in the easy mode like in the APIM you can enable walk-away locking...and if your BCM has gotten the recent update that has that function in it then the toggles in Sync will now work based on the FORSCAN change you made.

Stuff like Glare-free lights involves multiple module changes so it's easier to just modify the hex values in the asbuilt versions of the modules.

Back up all of your modules before starting.

Check to make sure you are changing the correct line, and the correct value in the correct segment...and then check it again before changing it and hitting the 'write' button.
Got it. Thanks, Mike.
Sponsored