Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
Can you still take it back?

There are much better options out there, especially for the price
I realize that now but…I bought it in March so I could charge while waiting on Suncrawl Oh wait I mean Sunrun to ship the FCSP. Charging on 120 V was really annoying and there were no DCFC close to me at the time.
Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Another vote for a Tesla Mobile connector. and a quality adapter. At $230 it’s a bargain and very reliable.

OP
OP

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Just an update on my issue.
Luckily the charger was "covered" under the warranty. Found it strange when the dealer told me I had to pay $100 deductible fee and when I picked up the new one, the 240V 50A prong adapter was missing. They told me the warranty only covered the charger, not the plugs, although the 120V 15A prong adapter came with the package. They have to give me back my old 50A prong. I'm glad I opened the package there...
Other than that, Stamford Ford handled it pretty good and I had my charger back within a day.
Also, while charging out of the house for the first time in almost two years(
I've also charged for free in a Hotel in Philly last year), Electrify America used my Ford Pass reward points so I ended up charging for free. And I'm impressed with the speed of the fast chargers...

Cheers,

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
They told me the warranty only covered the charger, not the plugs, although the 120V 15A prong adapter came with the package.

They have to give me back my old 50A prong.

I'm glad I opened the package there...

Other than that, Stamford Ford handled it pretty good
Other than being lying sacks of shit, they did a good job. LOL

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Just an update on my issue.
Luckily the charger was "covered" under the warranty. Found it strange when the dealer told me I had to pay $100 deductible fee and when I picked up the new one, the 240V 50A prong adapter was missing. They told me the warranty only covered the charger, not the plugs, although the 120V 15A prong adapter came with the package. They have to give me back my old 50A prong. I'm glad I opened the package there...
Other than that, Stamford Ford handled it pretty good and I had my charger back within a day.
Also, while charging out of the house for the first time in almost two years(
I've also charged for free in a Hotel in Philly last year), Electrify America used my Ford Pass reward points so I ended up charging for free. And I'm impressed with the speed of the fast chargers...

Cheers,
I don’t think I’ve seen or heard of the $100.00 deductible.

Seems to me they just stole a hundred bucks.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
They probably gave you a charger someone else had returned. And Ford factory warranties have no "deductible". They just stole your $100. The plug adapter is supplied with the charger and should have been replaced as it could have been the cause of the fault.

I would escalate to the Ford BEV team.

OP
OP

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Hi TLS,

Thanks for your comment. That's the reason I posted in here. I found it very weird to say the least...
Would you be kind enough to give me some guidance on how to escalate it to Ford BEV team? What is BEV?
I appreciate your help, TIA
Marcelo

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
BEV is the battery electric vehicle customer service team. People post their phone number here periodically - apologies, I would go find it for you myself but I'm in a rush at the moment.

@Ford Motor Company may be the same team.
Sponsored