Help Picking Ford extended Warranty

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I am a little confused about how to ensure I select the correct extended service plan.

I have seen “ FORD PROTECT PREMIUMCARE PLUS EV” for 10yr/100k at a cost of over $5k

I have also seen Ford Protect Premium Care (minus the PLUS EV) from Granger for substantially less.

I would like help figuring out if there is any difference and which one is the correct one.

Thanks!
Sponsored

LSUT1GER

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Ford F-150 Lightning Help Picking Ford extended Warranty 2024-10-04 08_26_16-2023 Ford F150 Lightning ER PremiumCare EV

I purchased the 9 years/150,000 miles warrenty coverage from Granger which does not cover the battery. Ford covers the battery for 8 years/100,000 miles. The battery should last between 200,000 - 300,000 miles with recommended charging procedures. One 22 Lightning owner already has 100,000 miles on his truck with 97.5% of his battery capacity. You can use your Ford points on your purchase of your Lighting toward your Granger extended warranty. I plan on keeping my truck and putting 150,000 miles on it.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I am a little confused about how to ensure I select the correct extended service plan.

I have seen “ FORD PROTECT PREMIUMCARE PLUS EV” for 10yr/100k at a cost of over $5k

I have also seen Ford Protect Premium Care (minus the PLUS EV) from Granger for substantially less.

I would like help figuring out if there is any difference and which one is the correct one.

Thanks!
All Ford dealers, including the online ones, can sell the Ford extended warranty.

WARNING - some dealers also sell 3rd party warranties, you don't want to consider them.

It is IRRELEVANT which Ford dealer you buy a Ford extended warranty one. Totally irrelevant. It makes no sense to pay dealer B more than Granger, or Flood, or any other dealer that sells them online for cheap. Zero sense.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
You will get the EV one from Granger also. I did. They may not say EV initially but the actual contract says Premium Care EV.

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Thank you for all the answers. Anyone know the difference between PremiumCare and premiumcare “plus”? Is it worth it?

Sponsored

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Thank you for all the answers. Anyone know the difference between PremiumCare and premiumcare “plus”? Is it worth it?
It's just PremiumCare EV. "Plus" doesn't mean anything. The EV version I think is slightly different than the PC for ICE Fords. As long as it says PC it will be the correct one since it's matched to the vehicle.

I'm shopping the 10/100 one and Granger's price is around $2,500.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You may not realize, but you have until 41 months / 41,000 miles to buy an extended warranty. After 12 months / 12,000 miles the price is like $100 more.

https://www.factoryplans.com/assets/cms/files/brochure_Electric_PremiumCARE.pdf

When you put in your vehicle, it shows the following options for a Lightning:

Powertrain care
Basecare
Extracare
Premiumcare

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
I got the 10/100 ESP with 0 deductible for around 2200-2400 I will have to check the sheet for exact number when I get home.
In my case I just told my salesman that I would buy the ESP if they gave me as close to X plan/employee pricing as they could, and didn't push any of the other extra crap on me. This was easily done with no pushback.
Sponsored