Sponsored

Center Display Crashing Multiple Times Per Hour (2023 Lariat); HVAC Controls Nonresponsive and/or Random Activations, etc..

pyromaster114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
This has gotta stop.
I'm going to have to lemon a second truck at this point.
The thing stops working, blares random noises at us while we're driving, doesn't allow us to adjust the HVAC controls sometimes, and arbitrarily activates things like the steering wheel heater, seat heater, etc..

It would be less worrisome (I'd just stick a different bluetooth speakerphone in the truck and call it a day) if it weren't for that the center display console is pretty vital to controlling things like the HVAC, etc., and I don't appreciate the random loud noises the thing makes sometimes that scare the crap out of me. That's a safety hazard as far as I'm concerned. -_-

I have had this thing for not even 6 months. The problem has been getting worse, pretty steadily. :(

Has anyone else had this problem?
Has anyone else found a fix for it?

Other maybe-relevant info:
It happens MORE (but not 'only') when a bluetooth device (phone) is connected to the truck.
I am not using Android Auto / Apple Car Play (phone does not support that).
I have not even so much as plugged a scan tool into the truck. It is completely stock.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Take it to the dealer. Not a common occurrence.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Start with a Sync reset. Hold down the volume down and skip forward buttons on the steering wheel until the center screen goes blank.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
There is another thread reporting random behaviour of the Sync screen, 2nd advice for taking it to your dealer.

OP
OP

pyromaster114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Start with a Sync reset. Hold down the volume down and skip forward buttons on the steering wheel until the center screen goes blank.
I do that when it starts to malfunction. Many times, it either ignores it, or reboots and immediately crashes or malfunctions again.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
You don't have a screen protector on it do you? That's the only thing I could think of. If it were my truck I'd try a factory reset or unplug the 12v for a bit, or both.
Sponsored