• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Would anyone else have preferred Cyber Orange as a color option?

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Agreed, an olive or dark type green - gimme. Sort of like adventurine green porsches. Atlas blue will have to do!
Yea I coulda done guard but really would've like the antimatter Blue version of green they had ages ago. Emerald maybe?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I'd buy one in cyber orange. My current car (Prius C hatchback) is orange and other than being hard to match when it's been repainted in places I love the color.
Fleet orders have green and "school bus yellow" as available colors among others that aren't available for retail.

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I see the Broncos and Mach-Es and that color just looks so much cooler than the standard colors the Lightning got. And while I appreciate the intent behind "Resale Value Red/Black/Silver/White," I'd much rather enjoy the vehicle as I'm driving it, not for how much I can get for it later.

Maybe if enough people are onboard, we can start a "CYBER ORANGE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club thread" with fake pictures photoshopping beds on the Bronco, and Mr. Farley will be inspired to give us cool colors...
I'm a big fan of any non-neutral color.

I guess that's because I grew up in a time when you rarely saw white, or silver cars on the road.

Back in the 70s, we had all sorts of colors... do a quick image search of "cars of the 70s" and you'll see what I mean. You'll see every share of orange, yellow, purple, gold, etc... and each color was bold, bright and in your face.

I think it was because the paint tech for those colors was pretty crude and those colors often became dull over time.

Some cars these days are almost always white, silver or black... like BMWs, Mercedes, etc.. That's a shame.

GreenLady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Maverick
I see the Broncos and Mach-Es and that color just looks so much cooler than the standard colors the Lightning got. And while I appreciate the intent behind "Resale Value Red/Black/Silver/White," I'd much rather enjoy the vehicle as I'm driving it, not for how much I can get for it later.

Maybe if enough people are onboard, we can start a "CYBER ORANGE F-150 Lightning Photos & Club thread" with fake pictures photoshopping beds on the Bronco, and Mr. Farley will be inspired to give us cool colors...
Honestly I don’t even remember what color I ordered (maybe silver?) but will be happy with whatever gets built (I like surprises). I had been driving my F250 diesel for a month after selling my Hyundai Kona EV in early January when realized I would go broke driving FL to NC every month while waiting for my now 2023 Lightning so I had to come up with a solution.

I saw the Maverick Hybrid info but reservations were closed so I ordered the Ecoboost for the interim. On 2/2/2022 I lucked into a rejected FE Maverick Hybrid which is the cat’s meow! I didn’t care about the color and absolutely love this baby truck! I would have a hard time deciding between the Lightning and a Maverick EV with bi-directional charging if they announced that!

So…the color is only secondary to me😊 Maybe I’ll luck into a rejected Lightning, any color🤞🏻😊

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Would have loved a nice dark green or tan color. Orange yellow are too loud for me, but the option would have been nice!

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
The “already there” 2022 color of Forged Green would have been my first choice followed by Grabber Blue.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
They added green for the second year of Bronco, maybe the second year of lightning will get green as well