• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
I had a 63 F100 for years and always loved the lightning bolt over the gear badging on the hood and steering wheel. I thought it was a no brainer that Ford would recycle this in some fashion for the lightning, but what do I know? I'm also surprised at the lack of aftermarket accessories with this logo. Could be a fun idea with a 3d printer.
1000002598.jpg

1000002270.png

Or something like that.
Saw this logo on a truck parked as an art piece on Kauai and been trying to figure out how to utilize it or even just find a nice looking badge at a decent price since it's a perfect piece for the Lightning.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Saw this logo on a truck parked as an art piece on Kauai and been trying to figure out how to utilize it or even just find a nice looking badge at a decent price since it's a perfect piece for the Lightning.
Still on my to do. It got backlogged behind another project of mine. I did pick up a new printer that can do multicolor, so I am definitely interested in taking a crack at this!

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Buddy of mine did this for me

A-TEMP.jpg
Smart idea. I’d print that up if I didn’t install my FCSP in the garage. I am going to print the weather cover though that someone else posted, now that I have a printer with a larger build plate. Lots of Florida rain in the summer!

Sponsored

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Still on my to do. It got backlogged behind another project of mine. I did pick up a new printer that can do multicolor, so I am definitely interested in taking a crack at this!
How'd it come out? I need to wait for my printer to free up to try and print this I am not sure I have the right colors in the same materials at the moment.

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun F100 Logo

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
How'd it come out? I need to wait for my printer to free up to try and print this I am not sure I have the right colors in the same materials at the moment.

F100 Logo.png
Think I need to add another layer to the blue, as I can still see some black behind it, but it came out pretty nice!
Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun image

Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Just FYI, don't let people scare you into printing things in petg or nylon or abs... PLA is what I used in my cover for the window buttons, and it's outside in the sun for Thursday, Friday, and today in this insane heat here in the northeast. It's holding up just fine.

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
Just FYI, don't let people scare you into printing things in petg or nylon or abs... PLA is what I used in my cover for the window buttons, and it's outside in the sun for Thursday, Friday, and today in this insane heat here in the northeast. It's holding up just fine.
Agree to a point. Depends how much sun exposure it gets. The first print that I started this thread with, my daughter wanted me to hang off the rear view mirror. We converted it to an air freshener by adding a holder for some brand of car air freshener. Anyway, it has been up for a little over a week and it has warped. I wasn’t too worried about it, as it was a small easy print, but that is to say it all depends on sun exposure. My MagSafe charger in the cubby is still holding up just fine in PLA, on the other hand, as not much sun gets down there. I am in Florida, mind you. I do most my prototypes in PLA, then print the final later in ASA if I am worried about sun or humidity exposure.

OP
OP
FLSpartan04

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
This is pretty cool and I'm going to give this a shot. However, I'm more interested in how you did the ford emblem. That's a pretty close color match!
These are just vinyl stickers I ordered from Etsy. I did contact the seller to modify it slightly. You can pick text and background, normally the oval around the text is the same color as the text. I requested lightning blue text, matte black background, and gloss black for the oval. It is a bit tricky to put on, but the defects are only noticeable close up.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1288160689/2022-2024-f150-lightning-emblem-overlay

Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun IMG_8318
Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun IMG_8317

As for the tow hooks, I just updated my model on thingiverse. The original works, but I made a couple adjustments a couple weeks back that I forgot to upload. Just increases the ID a bit to make the fit easier (I had some instances of it cracking when going on), and toning down the feature I made to make it snap on as it was visible, and I wanted to minimize it. Just printed some new ones for another forum member in ASA (PolyLite Pop Blue) and they came out nicely.
Ford F-150 Lightning 3D Printing Fun image

SteuLight

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT 312A
These are just vinyl stickers I ordered from Etsy. I did contact the seller to modify it slightly. You can pick text and background, normally the oval around the text is the same color as the text. I requested lightning blue text, matte black background, and gloss black for the oval. It is a bit tricky to put on, but the defects are only noticeable close up.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1288160689/2022-2024-f150-lightning-emblem-overlay
That's pretty awesome. How close is the blue to the blue in word 'lightning' on the side (picton blue)? I'm kind of a stickler for consistency.....
Sponsored