• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
No idea what this is counting down to, but the gods have shined on me today. Somehow I got an email an hour ago to convert to an order and was able to go through the entire process (Lariat ER, no options). Waiting on my dealer to accept.

I totally did not expect this and was hoping for next year. Thank you to whoever is responsible and the universe in general!
Official launch. Allows “ok to sell”
Sponsored

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Has to be the Ok to sell. The lightning has been all over on the roads here in Michigan. Spotted one on I94 last night near DTW and my buddy just saw one near Albion on I94 this morning. Soon enough!

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Maybe it's the first deliveries of the mannequins to dealers. From all the dealers I've heard on YouTube, consumer build dates don't start until May 2nd or maybe they backed it up a week to the first build on the 25th and they are celebrating the first lightning rollout off of the assembly line for consumers.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Maybe it's the first deliveries of the mannequins to dealers. From all the dealers I've heard on YouTube, consumer build dates don't start until May 2nd or maybe they backed it up a week to the first build on the 25th and they are celebrating the first lightning rollout off of the assembly line for consumers.
You clearly haven't read a lot of the threads on this forum. There are a lot of customer builds already built. It is likely that is when Ford is giving the "OK To Buy" designation and starts shipping out all the vehicles.

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
You clearly haven't read a lot of the threads on this forum. There are a lot of customer builds already built. It is likely that is when Ford is giving the "OK To Buy" designation and starts shipping out all the vehicles.
I have seen a lot of them on here starting as far back as 4/11. Maybe it's true or maybe it is not. I don't know the answers to any of that. I have a lot of faith in The guy that does the Long MacArthur Ford videos on YouTube. He has a weekly YouTube channel that he does where he gives out production numbers and other information he has available on all Ford vehicles. We will see what happens the 26th comes. It's seems kind of quick for a customer to receive a vehicle in 2 weeks after having a 4/11 production date.

OP
OP
gorwell

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I have seen a lot of them on here starting as far back as 4/11. Maybe it's true or maybe it is not. I don't know the answers to any of that.
Consumer trucks are being built as we speak, it's a fact. It's not rocket science, Ford has standard process to see this information and it's public. A post just from Yesterday had a guy taking video of production cars sitting in Ford's lot that are intended for customers... Now most at this very time are demo's , but they will end up in customer hands at some point.

They may have a ceremony to give the "first" production car to someone for PR, but mot of the time it takes 3-4 weeks to end up at the dealer. Assuming this timeline pans out, people will likely start seeing retail trucks Mid-May.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Consumer trucks are being built as we speak, it's a fact. It's not rocket science, Ford has standard process to see this information and it's public. A post just from Yesterday had a guy taking video of production cars sitting in Ford's lot that are intended for customers... Now most at this very time are demo's , but they will end up in customer hands at some point.

They may have a ceremony to give the "first" production car to someone for PR, but mot of the time it takes 3-4 weeks to end up at the dealer. Assuming this timeline pans out, people will likely start seeing retail trucks Mid-May.
That video in know way clearly states that those trucks are for customers. There's no way to tell if they are mannequins or customers trucks. They all come with window stickers either way. Just because he said it, doesn't make it true. He was illegally loitering where he want supposed to be. So how would he know who those trucks are for?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Last edited:

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I have seen a lot of them on here starting as far back as 4/11. Maybe it's true or maybe it is not. I don't know the answers to any of that. I have a lot of faith in The guy that does the Long MacArthur Ford videos on YouTube. He has a weekly YouTube channel that he does where he gives out production numbers and other information he has available on all Ford vehicles. We will see what happens the 26th comes. It's seems kind of quick for a customer to receive a vehicle in 2 weeks after having a 4/11 production date.
There are retail orders dating back to Mid March. I'm assuming that most of the builds so far are FCTPs but there are some customer vehicles mixed in there.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Live-streamed here, the event begins April 26, 1:30 PM ET.

April 26 marks the launch of the all-new, all-electric F-150® Lightning™ pickup, a milestone moment in America's shift to electric vehicles.

Ford and UAW leaders will host F-150 Lightning customers and Ford employees at the new Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan to celebrate "Job 1" and the start of production for the first-ever full-size all-electric pickup to go on sale.

The Rouge Electric Vehicle Center is Ford's ultra-modern new facility within Ford’s historic Rouge Complex where Henry Ford perfected the moving assembly line and scaled the Model T.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.