• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 10/02/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
It's lost at either the East Brookfield or Ayer rail yard, New England bound trucks always ride the rail out of the Rouge, then convoy ride to our dealers.
Hmmm, maybe I'll take a ride and go find it, both are pretty close. ("Hey you, bring me that truck over there!"). I'll bug the dealership soon, still a little too early. Thanks!

NS/Pan Am Southern 4 Willow Road Ayer, MA 01432 978-772-0323
CSX/East Brookfield & Spencer Railroad 22 A. Philip Quin Road Hwy Rt 49 Spencer, MA 01562 508-885-6677
Sponsored

Last edited:

canadafolk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pinto
Are you going to drop out and collect your deposit?
im considering it.. thats only recourse.. really.. i dont think the dealers care tbh.. on the pro margins are thin.. i suppose.. limited service money on the truck..for service dept..
maybe made some extra coin by giving it to someone who financed etc..

im gonna wait till jan.. to run a carfax.. to see where it got registered

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Ask your dealer to print out a VINview or vehicle visibility report. Also, at this point I would skip over your sales associate and talk directly with the sales manager.

Last edited:

Pro or NO

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 F150 ecoboost
Occupation
Areospace machinist
@canadafolk @Danface Did you all get your truck yet? I waited a month for mine to travel 5 hours. Told my dealer to cancel and is showed up the next day. It is a nice machine but its not the end of the world if you dont get it. Some things are just totally unacceptable.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
@canadafolk @Danface Did you all get your truck yet? I waited a month for mine to travel 5 hours. Told my dealer to cancel and is showed up the next day. It is a nice machine but its not the end of the world if you dont get it. Some things are just totally unacceptable.
Not yet BUT it's OK for the moment because I had a windfall this tax year and I may make too much to be eligible for the federal rebate so I wasn't going to buy it until after 12/31/2023. The tacking page is now showing 1/1/24 as the last date in the date range and I'll start pushing the dealership next week.

Funny thing, I changed the color and they ordered that truck without my signature nor did they process my credit card for the deposit because the sales manager mentioned it was a pain to have to keep track of the slip.

Long story short. I have no skin in the game!!

Sponsored

canadafolk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pinto
yes finally got mine.. it wasn't pretty.. dealership refused to acknowledge they had truck.. got ford Canada involved who basically said truck was built and delivered and rest is between you and the dealer... escalated it to some manager.. who said same.. but will call them to let them know you are unhappy
called some customer advocacy ford line..

got a call from dealer they "found" my truck

i got my truck... that's all that matters.. in Canada ev are 100% depreciated for your corp in 2023 tax year... it gets reduced to 75% next yr.. so it was a big win

Thanks for all your help guys

Pro or NO

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 F150 ecoboost
Occupation
Areospace machinist
@Danface Looks like you might be the last one from this build week. Good deal it works out in your favor. It was crazy when I was writing the check for mine. My $500 deposit didnt show up. The dealer just added that amount to my trade in. They have some issues there. I saw the paperwork on mine and the dealer didnt really make any money on selling it to me.
@canadafolk I was actually wondering what the Canadian tax deal was. Thats interesting. Had to drive mine home on snowy/salty roads. Its been like that since then. Not the time of year to take delivery.. But whatever
@TaxmanHog Thanks dude.. Your a boss.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Tracking now shows 1/4/2024 LOL. I'll call Thursday and ask them to find it. I wonder what incentives are planned for next year??

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
It took mine a while, and it showed up to the dealer on 12/8. And the 7500 rebate had expired. I will say the dealer did an amazing job. They took care of the CSPs and software updates, and low and behold, I have a heated steering wheel, which I did not expect! It took another two weeks to line up shipping, but it arrived on 12/21. It was everything I expected, and then some. It was worth all the delays and wait.

Thanks to @FordVideoGuy and his dealership for the great service.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
@Danface any word from the dealer on when they can move the truck next week????
The outside ETA is now 1/8/24.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 10/02/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1703906114103

Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Texted the salesman yesterday AND I JUST got this email from McGovern:

I’m sorry that we haven’t been able to connect regarding your vehicle search. If I can be of assistance further in your search I’m available via Phone or Email so please feel free to reach out directly. Let’s talk soon.

My response was:

You can be of assistance by finding where my truck is, Order: XXX. VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I assume it's either in Ayer or Brookfield and the tracking site just pushes the date back a week every week for the last 7 weeks.

BTW, there's a dealer in SD (yes it's a drive) blowing out 2023 Lightnings ...

https://www.verneideford.com/new-vehicles/f-150-lightning/

Thanks!
Dan

Hoping that lights a small fire under someones butt and, if not, I will offer to cancel the order and see what Vern Eide in Mitchell can do. I'd just get a Pro (they all have 9.6KW) and pocket the 11K diff between the one I ordered, easy peasy! With the MA and Fed rebates it would be $32K ... can't beat that with a stick!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Nothing yet. I did notice that the date went from 1/10 to 1/14 then back to 1/10 but still crickets. I'll touch base the dealership a bit later today.

Question on a different topic, I was thinking about finding and disconnecting the CAN bus leads (and others if need be) from the TCU so I could still use the remote features but deprive the TCU of the personal info it sends to Ford (makes we wonder if the seat control unit captures when I pass gas). Any thoughts? I was thinking about going to ask the folks at cyanlabs.net since they add TCU's to older models

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Nothing yet. I did notice that the date went from 1/10 to 1/14 then back to 1/10 but still crickets. I'll touch base the dealership a bit later today.

Question on a different topic, I was thinking about finding and disconnecting the CAN bus leads (and others if need be) from the TCU so I could still use the remote features but deprive the TCU of the personal info it sends to Ford (makes we wonder if the seat control unit captures when I pass gas). Any thoughts? I was thinking about going to ask the folks at cyanlabs.net since they add TCU's to older models
@ctuan13 is an expert in Lightning cyber security, he may have some tips & risks.
Sponsored