• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
My original dates were a week before yours - Not sure why I'm not getting any updates.

I was planning on using the truck for a family road trip during Thanksgiving, but that is looking more and more not likely. (Who would've known a 2 month buffer was not enough??) I'm now questioning if it will come before the end of the year...
Do you know where your truck is at currently? Mine has been at a rail yard about 30 miles from my house since 9/11. That is probably one of the most frustrating parts, knowing it's so close and just sitting there.
Sponsored

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
Do you know where your truck is at currently? Mine has been at a rail yard about 30 miles from my house since 9/11. That is probably one of the most frustrating parts, knowing it's so close and just sitting there.
Same boat as you, local rail yard ~20 miles from my dealer since Sept 9. First delivery window was 14-20 Sep with delivery scheduled with the last-mile provider on the 12th, cancelled on the 14th iirc. No info from Ford chat, corporate’s new sales support number, my dealer… this forum has been the best place. The only thing I was able to find out is that it was put into stop-ship status by Ford. Love watching the crappy weather come in, knowing I have a spot saved in a nice, warm garage for my new Lightning :’( haha

SD_Climber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lighting Lariat ER
So I contacted Ford Chat yesterday (have been doing so ~ 2x a week since when my truck was supposed to arrive) and all they tell me is that the last update was on 09/23 and the vehicle location is Blue Island, IL....

georgepearkes

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Welp, that sucks. I have noticed that other folks on this forum claim the denial of the Ford Pass means someone was in the truck. Fingers crossed that means something is happening with our vehicles in Winston. //me holding out hope
Another week and another delay. ETA 11/22-11/28 now.
1667522373579.png
just got the same one. Infuriating.

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
Delivery window changed again to 11-17/11-24 must be the eighth change at a minimum. As I’ve now shared the truck has serious damage that was finally disclosed to me last week by the dealer after they found out. Here is where I get really pissed - the Zeus inspection report noting the damage is dated 8.18 so 2 days after blend date is when damage was reported and documented. This is the day it went on “chip hold”. So that was all BS. The vehicle has sat unrepaired and still unrepaired to this day since mid-August. AT THE FACTORY! Ford is now shipping the truck to the dealer to have the entire front bumper replaced - the truck arrived at a rail logistics yard in Maryland on November 1st. it will probably sit there for a month now too.

The dealer has been good, they are sort of in same boat as me, shocked - they can’t do much and I haven’t really asked them to. But, no apology from Ford, and that rubs me wrong.

I really think I’m just over it. Anyone care to chime in for advice? I of course now have been through multiple rounds of financing approvals and expirations, I’ve sold my car and my family of 5 has just been living with 1 vehicle for the last month. I purchased a 22ft airstream trailer that has just been sitting in my driveway that we had hoped to use this fall with the F150L. These guys sent me a pic of my car at EOL on Wednesday, must have been right before they crashed it. Wtf. I realize this is a luxury item and just a material thing, life goes on - but this is a luxury item and what has happened is material - it’s cost me time, money, and honestly some emotional distress. As far as experiences with buying a lighting go - this ranks pretty freakin’ low.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group EC4EC0AC-2705-43A1-A1DC-5858297EFCA7

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 705C02A0-060A-41E1-847B-679310A0F32F
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 409A5D30-C6CD-4263-8F98-003B0BB0D088

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Delivery window changed again to 11-17/11-24 must be the eighth change at a minimum. As I’ve now shared the truck has serious damage that was finally disclosed to me last week by the dealer after they found out. Here is where I get really pissed - the Zeus inspection report noting the damage is dated 8.18 so 2 days after blend date is when damage was reported and documented. This is the day it went on “chip hold”. So that was all BS. The vehicle has sat unrepaired and still unrepaired to this day since mid-August. AT THE FACTORY! Ford is now shipping the truck to the dealer to have the entire front bumper replaced - the truck arrived at a rail logistics yard in Maryland on November 1st. it will probably sit there for a month now too.

The dealer has been good, they are sort of in same boat as me, shocked - they can’t do much and I haven’t really asked them to. But, no apology from Ford, and that rubs me wrong.

I really think I’m just over it. Anyone care to chime in for advice? I of course now have been through multiple rounds of financing approvals and expirations, I’ve sold my car and my family of 5 has just been living with 1 vehicle for the last month. I purchased a 22ft airstream trailer that has just been sitting in my driveway that we had hoped to use this fall with the F150L. These guys sent me a pic of my car at EOL on Wednesday, must have been right before they crashed it. Wtf. I realize this is a luxury item and just a material thing, life goes on - but this is a luxury item and what has happened is material - it’s cost me time, money, and honestly some emotional distress. As far as experiences with buying a lighting go - this ranks pretty freakin’ low.

EC4EC0AC-2705-43A1-A1DC-5858297EFCA7.jpeg

705C02A0-060A-41E1-847B-679310A0F32F.jpeg
409A5D30-C6CD-4263-8F98-003B0BB0D088.jpeg
No initiative from anyone at Ford or the shipping company. Clock punching at its finest. Hang in there man. You came this far. It will pass

dkf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon 4xe
No initiative from anyone at Ford or the shipping company. Clock punching at its finest. Hang in there man. You came this far. It will pass
maybe, but am I just supposed to be ok with knowing that they smashed up my truck? The dealer is going to hang a new bumper - who knows how that goes.

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
maybe, but am I just supposed to be ok with knowing that they smashed up my truck? The dealer is going to hang a new bumper - who knows how that goes.
I wouldn't worry about a bumper repair. It's really simple and body shop paint quality is light-years ahead of what it used to be. I hope the at least refund you the shipping cost and give you something like a free tonau cover etc. But don't stress paint and body. That's easy

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1667746376273

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1667746405016

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
So, after a good while of messing around on Twitter and getting nowhere, I actually got DM'd by Michael Levine, N. America Product Communications Director, asking for my info via email, so I sent him some background info and told him that I'm not upset it's being held up. I'm upset that Ford Corporate isn't even telling the dealers anything and delivery windows are useless if they just keep sliding once you actually get into that window, and that's happening to several people from the same build weeks. He emailed back that he'll look into it, so I guess we'll see where it goes.

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
So, after a good while of messing around on Twitter and getting nowhere, I actually got DM'd by Michael Levine, N. America Product Communications Director, asking for my info via email, so I sent him some background info and told him that I'm not upset it's being held up. I'm upset that Ford Corporate isn't even telling the dealers anything and delivery windows are useless if they just keep sliding once you actually get into that window, and that's happening to several people from the same build weeks. He emailed back that he'll look into it, so I guess we'll see where it goes.
Nice work

SD_Climber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lighting Lariat ER
Can you let him know that @SD_Climber is upset their vehicle is being held up? :D

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Network Engineer
Can you let him know that @SD_Climber is upset their vehicle is being held up? :D
Not to be selfish, more like taking a "don't bother the regional director too much at first" approach, I'm waiting until he actually emails me back with more than "on it." Once I hear back from him, I'm going to link this thread and the "Long ship delays (>60 days)" thread and recommend he has someone look into these. Also, gonna mention @TaxmanHog 's wonderful work on the tracker that allows all this data aggregation and visibility.

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
negative - FordPass has just said I can't activate since it was built. Dealer has refused to provide any updates or do anything to make noise about my situation.
George, my truck is on a convoy leaving Winston today...says my dealer.
Sponsored