• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

CC-2224

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat (ordered)
8/14 build week here. 8/15 blend. Share everyone's frustration/ excitement/ impatience. Not sure if others have tried this but I actually called Ford Motor Company at the number listed in the Ford Pass App (800) 336-0486 and spoke with a nice man named Chris. He was able to pretty quickly give me an estimated delivery date of 9/9 -9/15. He said the status was that it was "released to carrier on 8/29 and it's on hold due to battery level." My dad has build week 8/7 and his status was similar: released to carrier on 8/28 and sent offsite and on hold due to "fuel level." I don't know what it looks like to try and charge 1,000 trucks at the same time (or what) but given that my Ford Direct page doesn't show any of this info (still "in production") I'm holding out hope for next week that at minimum these trucks are on trains and trucks and headed ever so closer to our driveways. Stay strong everyone.
Thanks for the number! I called (800) 336-0486 yesterday and spoke with someone else, but she was able to give me a status of offsite hold and said that it could be for a number of reasons. She also gave me an estimated delivery date of 09/09-09/15.

I can see in the Fordpass app that it's still in Dearborn, MI and has a charge of 93% as of 45 minutes go. It's been there with that charge since Thursday 09/07. From where it is, it's 365 miles from where I am in Frederick, MD. My guess is that the earliest it could get to my dealer would be in two weeks, 09/23-09/29.

One thing the rep told me was that they are having an issue with the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking site not showing when Lightnings are built. They just go from In Production to Shipped.
Sponsored

Phip ATL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Great update. I called again yesterday and didn’t get some of the detail you had, but I had heard about the your Ford ambassador program and asked about it. I think it was an invite only thing, but she gave me an email address of who to reach out to. I sent a message to [email protected] but haven’t heard back. I think the main feature is just getting text updates, but those seem to be more reliable than the website. At this point, it’s feeling more certain that the strike is going to impact us all.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Thanks for the number! I called (800) 336-0486 yesterday and spoke with someone else, but she was able to give me a status of offsite hold and said that it could be for a number of reasons. She also gave me an estimated delivery date of 09/09-09/15.

I can see in the Fordpass app that it's still in Dearborn, MI and has a charge of 93% as of 45 minutes go. It's been there with that charge since Thursday 09/07. From where it is, it's 365 miles from where I am in Frederick, MD. My guess is that the earliest it could get to my dealer would be in two weeks, 09/23-09/29.

One thing the rep told me was that they are having an issue with the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking site not showing when Lightnings are built. They just go from In Production to Shipped.
Hi - I called this number and spoke to "Don" who said they could not provide any status and that Ford Pass can only be activated at the Dealership. This person then pushed me to "Corporate Marketing" where I was placed on a long hold and got generic information. Glad you got "better" info.

danelawson42

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT w/ build week 8/21
Occupation
ER Nurse
Anyone who wants to retweet Jim Farley about the delay, here is the question I posed on Twitter/X. I never even use that platform, but figured if enough people retweet it at him he just might answer.

Sponsored

DudeTheObscure

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Cadillac XT5
Occupation
Retired
Anyone who wants to retweet Jim Farley about the delay, here is the question I posed on Twitter/X. I never even use that platform, but figured if enough people retweet it at him he just might answer.

Done. I hope a lot of people follow suit.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Done and I also do not use the Platform much at all to post

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
updated "Estimated Delivery 9/13/2023 - 9/19/2023"

I see the dealer shows my truck as inbound on its website.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

That's sooner than your last ETA, has the truck been marked shipped???

Sponsored

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot

Nah. Just gonna be patient. After-all, it’s been 845 days since my Reservation was confirmed.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
That's sooner than your last ETA, has the truck been marked shipped???
no but I suppose now I need to get some offers on my 2021 powerboost, although I am tempted to keep it until I see if the Lightning is a good fit (especially since the Lightning already has one strike against it in not being able to take a normal snow plow).

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

I am collecting statistics. For dates, When we’re you in production, built, and in transit.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA Sportage PHEV/2022 Aprilia Tuareg
blend date on (current) sticker 8/9. Unhelpful tracker from Ford says:

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 1.14.30 PM.png
From my experience with my Maverick Hybrid delivery back in early 2022, the tracker info gets wacky once the vehicle is "built," which the one above shows. I had better information that was provided by the dealer during the transport phase. Ask your dealer for the the vehicle report that shows a lot more detail where it is day by day. They can give you things like the railcar number if it is loaded on a train, etc.
Sponsored