Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
It's 3:30AM PST, on 1/4... NO UPDATES on Ford.com... FORD LIED. Cancel pre-orders everyone -- FORD canNOT be trusted, specifically anyone who is getting a Pro.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Why do you think the 22" wheels are why the Platinum takes the big hit in range?
In the EV space, bigger wheels = worse range. This is universal across all EVs, nothing specific about Ford. A Tesla with 20 inch wheels gets ~40 less miles than 18 inch wheels @ 70 mph.

Why Big Wheels Are A Bad Idea On Electric Cars - Range Impact!

This isn't actually new, just EVs are so efficient that range impacts are more seen than in ICE.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15130598/upsized-wheels-tires/

13_F150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Platinum, 2020 Volvo XC60
It's getting close. Build and price feature is on the page but access denied messages comes up

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla 3
Build and price link added! But not yet live :(. Can anyone verify if we need to create any sort of Ford account and link to our reservation? Or is that done when dealer sends ready to order link?

Ford F-150 Lightning đź“’ 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook With Pricing! Ordering Begin 1/6, Build & Price Tomorrow 1/4! 1641296497936

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Build and price link added! But not yet live :(.

1641296497936.png
Clear your browser caches everyone, the link on Ford.com LIVE!

But, build and price isn't working -- Ford just cannot get it together, don't trust them, CANCEL! Expect Access Denied on dashboard while driving your brand new F150L.... Cancel!

Ford F-150 Lightning đź“’ 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook With Pricing! Ordering Begin 1/6, Build & Price Tomorrow 1/4! 1641297119361

Can anyone verify if we need to create any sort of Ford account and link to our reservation? Or is that done when dealer sends ready to order link?
Current process is just build and price, I don't think anything that goes live Today is to complete an order. That's for Thursday.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Build and price link added! But not yet live :(. Can anyone verify if we need to create any sort of Ford account and link to our reservation? Or is that done when dealer sends ready to order link?

Ford F-150 Lightning đź“’ 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook With Pricing! Ordering Begin 1/6, Build & Price Tomorrow 1/4! {filename}
When you placed your reservation online, you were required to create a Ford account. I am assuming you will.have to login to this account to place your order online, but should not have to login to access the build and price.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Everyone disappointed in the lightning roll-out or trim availability... Do you honestly think the Silverado EV will be any better? I don't understand how you think you will get one quicker, or get a cheap base model more readily available. Could you explain your thought process? I may be interested, but I'm highly skeptical it will be any different. I feel like this is a big case of "the grass is greener"...
Only
Everyone disappointed in the lightning roll-out or trim availability... Do you honestly think the Silverado EV will be any better? I don't understand how you think you will get one quicker, or get a cheap base model more readily available. Could you explain your thought process? I may be interested, but I'm highly skeptical it will be any different. I feel like this is a big case of "the grass is greener"...
For me it isn't about getting a Pro sooner. It is that I may not get to even order a Pro. If I am quicker on the trigger with the Chevy I may actually be able to order a base model. Price/value is important to me and the higher F150L trims just aren't the same value proposition as the Pro for my $. Your value equation may be different.

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
It's 3:30AM PST, on 1/4... NO UPDATES on Ford.com... FORD LIED. Cancel pre-orders everyone -- FORD canNOT be trusted, specifically anyone who is getting a Pro.
Yeah time to break out the pitchforks and torches and march to Michigan! Oh, wait—it’s, like, really far. Dang!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
On my phone at the moment, but yes?
It's going to be a bit anticlimactic. Even if you get to order on Thursday, you'd still be 6 months away from an actual truck. And then all the fun posts will start :ROFLMAO:

audiomikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 RAM 1500, MB W221, C5 Camaro, Prius V, 300C
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer

Gary Gattis

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 C Max energi, 2015 C Max energi, 2017 Explore
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
Thanks for the video! It looks like Tesla has tested the tire diameter on it's effect not only the weight and roll resistance. I've never had or tied that. Good to know! That must be the big reason for the big change between the Platinum. I didn't know how much less and now I know more because of you. Thanks, that's a lot of energy over time but I still want the Platinum for my retirement lol.
!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are you guys just sitting in front of your computer and hitting refresh every couple of seconds?
I would guess, that Ford has a planned "go live" time that is a common one (i.e. on the hour). You are probably OK just refreshing at the top of each hour. Also, Noon GMT, EST, or CST would be good options as well.
Sponsored