• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CypherBlue

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Okay, so I did a lot of small things πŸ˜…

Added the hood deflector:
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_7934

Then I added the tailgate lettering inserts:
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8067
r

Then I got the inserts for the charging door/fake door on the right:
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8171

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8170

Then, I got the Ford Mudflaps and painted them with the oil pen @BennyTheBeaver recommended here / on Reddit. I did three coats; they came out awesome!

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8190

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8194

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8195

Finally, I got this chrome trim that @MAG had posted about from Global Auto Shop. It was perfect for what I was looking for, just to make the grill more distinct and pop out more.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8177

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8174

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_8177
Sponsored

Tedmister2

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Antimatter Blue XLT Lightning
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Not the best photos. Winterhawks should make it to the Memorial Cup so had to rep them when I can. ;)

I bought them slightly used so let me find out from the person I’ve purchased them from off Facebook marketplace.

IMG_3218.jpeg

IMG_3216.jpeg

IMG_3219.jpeg

IMG_3259.jpeg

Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

First Name
Jayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Okay, so I did a lot of small things πŸ˜…

Added the hood deflector:
IMG_7934.jpeg

Then I added the tailgate lettering inserts:
IMG_8067.jpeg
r

Then I got the inserts for the charging door/fake door on the right:
IMG_8171.jpeg

IMG_8170.jpeg

Then, I got the Ford Mudflaps and painted them with the oil pen @BennyTheBeaver recommended here / on Reddit. I did three coats; they came out awesome!

IMG_8190.jpeg

IMG_8194.jpeg

IMG_8195.jpeg

Finally, I got this chrome trim that @MAG had posted about from Global Auto Shop. It was perfect for what I was looking for, just to make the grill more distinct and pop out more.

IMG_8177.jpeg

IMG_8174.jpeg

IMG_8177.jpeg
I like all of these mods, but that grill treatment is especially slick.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Wife decided we needed new carpets. This is the trip to the dump. 980 lbs payload. Trailer weighs 2920. Total trailer weight was 3900 lbs.

A question for the experienced tow crowd. I pulled the built in debris tarp cover to keep things from flying out of the trailer. There are couple of hooks on the rear corners of the trailer to attach a bar on the tarp. You then use a ratching crank to put tension on the tarp. I used two ratcheting straps crisscrossed over the tarp. By the time I got to the dump the load had shifted enough to loosen the tension I had originally applied and the bar was sitting on the top of the load. Scared the hell out of me as I thought of what if it had slipped out of the end to the tarp and caused and accident. The bar on the tarp does have circular flanges on each end but I don’t know if it could have slipped out. Do most experienced folks use a strap across the back just in case?

Also the brake controller seemed to have forgotten the gain setting I set last year. It was zero! I wish our display would show the gain when you brake. I just happened to check it manually on the way home. Did not notice any loss of breaking power on the way. Truck stopped me and almost 4k pretty easily. Speeds were not slow but fortunately I normally leave pretty good distance between cars while driving. Guess I should always check the brake controller gain before each tow. Good to know.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_0992

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_0992

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
A question for the experienced tow crowd. I pulled the built in debris tarp cover to keep things from flying out of the trailer. There are couple of hooks on the rear corners of the trailer to attach a bar on the tarp. You then use a ratching crank to put tension on the tarp. I used two ratcheting straps crisscrossed over the tarp. By the time I got to the dump the load had shifted enough to loosen the tension I had originally applied and the bar was sitting on the top of the load. Scared the hell out of me as I thought of what if it had slipped out of the end to the tarp and caused and accident. The bar on the tarp does have circular flanges on each end but I don’t know if it could have slipped out. Do most experienced folks use a strap across the back just in case?
Towing or hauling in the bed, you tarp and strap the load as you did, drive a few miles, pull over, tighten everything down again. Drive a few more miles and do another tightening check. Usually then you're good. Maybe if you hit a bunch of small bumps or one big bump you do another check, but I rarely find anything shifts after the second check.

Sponsored

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Thanks do you check your brake gain every tow trip?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Thanks do you check your brake gain every tow trip?
I don't have trailer brakes, never have had anything except surge brakes built in to a couple trailers I've hauled, so I have no opinion or experience to lend you on that one.

Reactions: cal