• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

11 Weeks At Dealership With No ETA For Part Arrival - Frunk Failure

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I always look at the “what if and when will it break” plus the complexity of design. I hate Musk but his “no part is the best part” solution truly makes sense. And although I love my powered frunk I‘d probably go pure mechanical if I had a choice. It’s gonna break sometime.
No part is best part is mostly to minimize production cost and maximize margin. The downside of that approach is you car becomes a tablet with wheels and just as disposable. If your car’s become brain dead or have some other issues with software, if Tesla has stopped supporting it, you may have to throw away a perfectly good car (mechanically) like you do with your smartphone because software is proprietary. If softweare was open sources and hardware available off the shelf from third party, I could get behind no part thing. Granted mechanical parts could go extinct too but much easier to get around it.

I wonder in a few decades, how model Y or Cybertruck (or even our trucks) compare to this truck:

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 STX 2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineering
Received a call from FORD RAV representative yesterday and an email requesting the docs that were mentioned earlier in the thread. I submitted those docs about an hour ago. Fingers crossed we can get this all settled this month... now I gotta figure out what I'm gonna drive next...

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Was sent confirmation all docs were received and processed. Said I should expect a formal offer by the end of the week.

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
I accepted the offer around January 15th. I signed the papers yesterday and was given a check on the spot. The RSV team was really easy to work with and kept in touch the whole way.

NY lemon law does not include interest paid on a loan like I'm some other states, but there was no deduction for mileage because the first 12K miles are exempt and I was right at 12.. I have to mail a form into NYS to get the sales tax refund so that will probably take a couple of weeks.

I'm currently driving a beater I bought off a relative. Once the loan is officially paid off and I get the sales tax money, I'll start looking for another truck. Surprisingly there are a few (4) lightnings on the lot here locally, one is nearly identical to the one I just surrendered, and is still under the 80K limit for rebate.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This thread makes me want to never open my frunk again. 😖

OP
OP
LikeYouStoleIt

LikeYouStoleIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
I keep the tax credit so I was paid around 5K to drive the truck for a year, and then FORD put me in Expeditions and f150 rentals for four months. It all worked out as well as it could have. I now see the dreaded power train malfunction/reduced power message in the app... So seems like maybe the battery needs some work now too.... So I'm not upset about getting out from underneath this one. Might really be a lemon.
Sponsored