• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My Genuine Ford charging adapter arrived today (Order #1266). Like any kid with a new toy I had to try it out.

I put the Tesla plug into the adapter first, then plugged the adapter into the truck. That’s all it took. The Tesla charger recognized my truck and began charging. Totally seamless. After adding 15 KW I turned off charging at the truck, unplugged the adapter and put it back in its box for the next time. Ford billed my Mastercard and sent me an email receipt for $7.65. It couldn’t have been easier!
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford NACS to CCS1 Tesla Adapter Arrived Today. First Supercharger Experience 1718056780246-5f
Sponsored

Daragh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Good to hear your adapter arrived, I'm in the 6,000's so might se mine before years end :)

$7.65 for 15kW.....OUCH!!!!! Mind you this is not a Tesla issue most DC fast charger providers are in a comparable price point, at least in my locale, the cost of DC fast charging is ridiculous. Thankfully I rarely ever have the need to use it.

MyJoule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lightning Platinum
Congratulations, while the cost is high. it just worked, and that is more important than the cost / KWH in my book- Can't wait for our to show - we have a trip coming up and I so want to take the Lightning over the Tesla because we need a truck at the destination. I'd hate to be stuck renting something at the destination in order to have a truck- That's the back up plan now though

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
My Genuine Ford charging adapter arrived today (Order #1266). Like any kid with a new toy I had to try it out.

I put the Tesla plug into the adapter first, then plugged the adapter into the truck. That’s all it took. The Tesla charger recognized my truck and began charging. Totally seamless. After adding 15 KW I turned off charging at the truck, unplugged the adapter and put it back in its box for the next time. Ford billed my Mastercard and sent me an email receipt for $7.65. It couldn’t have been easier!
1718056780246-5f.jpg
Do yourself a favor. Download the Tesla app and set up an account and purchase the membership If you going to use the supercharger network for long trips. Yes…..the charging is seamless, the handshake is quick, the ramp up is fast but Ford will not give you the discounted price. You will billed the full price per KW in the area.
Do that couple times and you will be wised up to pay the membership price which by the way is compatible to the EA Pass+ price.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Do yourself a favor. Download the Tesla app and set up an account and purchase the membership If you going to use the supercharger network for long trips. Yes…..the charging is seamless, the handshake is quick, the ramp up is fast but Ford will not give you the discounted price. You will billed the full price per KW in the area.
Do that couple times and you will be wised up to pay the membership price which by the way is compatible to the EA Pass+ price.
That's exactly what I do - use the Tesla app to charge.

Tesla membership pays for itself if you use it at least 2x a month.

I charger at least 6x a month.

You can even sign up for a month and then discontinue (road trip).

The only drawback is that it's not P&C - have to initiate the charge thru Tesla app.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford NACS to CCS1 Tesla Adapter Arrived Today. First Supercharger Experience Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.49.04 AM

Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
but Ford will not give you the discounted price.
A little birdie told me they are looking into honoring the memberships through the Blue Oval Network too. So hopefully in the future we will have that opportunity, although it will take a decent about of coding and cross account authorization to make it work.

02Reaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT ER
A little birdie told me they are looking into honoring the memberships through the Blue Oval Network too. So hopefully in the future we will have that opportunity, although it will take a decent about of coding and cross account authorization to make it work.
Start holding your breath on that now. LOL

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
That's exactly what I do - use the Tesla app to charge.

Tesla membership pays for itself if you use it at least 2x a month.

I charger at least 6x a month.

You can even sign up for a month and then discontinue (road trip).

The only drawback is that it's not P&C - have to initiate the charge thru Tesla app.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 8.49.04 AM.jpeg
Yes…..that is the way to do it.
On that P&C issue, Ford is asking us if we prefer FordPass to recognize our memberships with EA and/or Tesla and charge us discounted membership prices. Don’t know how this can be done without Ford asking for a fee per transaction.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Yep……that little birdie flew by my place also. Correct of what you said. Coding and cross account authorizations and some fee involved.
Asking Tesla to use their superchargers was a necessity for Ford. That part was, in my opinion, the hardest and Tesla had to make it work. The P&C stuff can crawl at snail’s pace for a while.

OP
OP
Piquette

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
In addition to Ford Pass, I have four other DCFC apps on my iPhone: Electrify America, Charge Point, Volta (Shell) and Tesla. It’s like wearing a belt with suspenders. If it’s a fast charger, I probably can connect with it. 😊

Tesla non-members pay $0.51 per kWh while members pay $0.38 per kWh, a 13 cent difference. The cost of the Tesla membership is $13/month making the breakeven point 100 kw per month. Virtually all of my charging is done at home, in fact I have only used a DCFC twice in the 10 months I have owned the truck. A Tesla charging membership only makes sense if I am planning a long distance road trip when I will be using Tesla chargers for more than 100 kWh. I expect to make a 1600 mile road trip in September that will take about 700 kWh (based on my driving habits). I will probably purchase a Tesla charging membership for that trip.

Everbody is different. We all need to structure our charging memberships to best meet our needs.

Sponsored

jdc604

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning (Lariat)
Occupation
Bits & Bytes
Also, take note of the pricing at your Tesla station. Different locations have different pricing (I'm assuming due to leasing rates in those areas). The difference between stations can be from 10% to almost 100% in pricing per station location (at least in my area).

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Also, take note of the pricing at your Tesla station. Different locations have different pricing (I'm assuming due to leasing rates in those areas). The difference between stations can be from 10% to almost 100% in pricing per station location (at least in my area).
Nothing is uniform especially here in the SE. Different power providers with different rate structures and most of them are protected by their respective States. Charging stations need access to large power draw lines. Lines such as these command exorbitant prices. No wonder that EA stations and Tesla stations are located in areas where these power requirements are readily available. Tesla negotiates everything about their supercharger locations.
Rate prices is the end result. Keep in mind that local power companies don’t loose sleep over EV charging demand. They are indifferent about EVs, or they don’t have the resources to invest in such projects. Such as are the deficiencies here in the SE.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
Just received the adapter from Ford
FAE:90001353

Delivered 06/11/2024
Ordered: 02/29/2024

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Great to see the adapters flowing again. I'm up in the 48xx range so maybe in a month or so. Looking forward to opening some charging options.

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I also received my adapter yesterday. I don't have all my order info ready though.
Sponsored