• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat - Parking Sensors

Nipgniksd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I purchased a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat back in November 2023 and at about 3 days i noticed I have been having issues with the parking sensor. For some reason when I put the truck in reverse the driver-side left sensor by the rear bumper is orange and within seconds the whole left side of the vehicle is RED as if something is in its proximity even though there is nothing around. It has been in the shop 3 times and it sat for about a month awaiting a Ford Engineer to address the issue. The dealership stated they wanted to calibrate the sensor however they noticed that the truck was having issues holding a charge via the high voltage battery. I received a recall notice for 23B70B which fixed the issue of the batter module holding a charge. The shop released the vehicle and stated it was calibrated and fixed however a day later the issue returned. I was wondering if anyone has any similar issues as the current progress and remedy I have from the shop is "they are awaiting for more information from the Ford Engineer".

Really love the truck however and as much as I want to turn off the parking aid sensors I do want to have all the "bells and whistles" working as these trucks aren't cheap. Also to note that this affects the parking assist feature.
Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Honda Passport
Occupation
Construction Executive
I guess I had a similar experience, except that the tech at my dealer worked on it a good while (no clue what they did) and got it fixed and I have not a single problem from the sensors since then, going on 2 months. I went in for several of the CSB/23B70B and some other TSB issues, and he did them all and told the customer service person he actually spend most of the day on the proximity sensor problems I was getting. All I know is when he gave the truck back , it's been good ever since.

OP
OP

Nipgniksd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice! I am assuming it was a shop in Raleigh NC? Do you happen to know which shop? Hopefully i can reach out to them and see if they can compare the issue.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I purchased a 2023 F150 Lightning Lariat back in November 2023 and at about 3 days i noticed I have been having issues with the parking sensor. For some reason when I put the truck in reverse the driver-side left sensor by the rear bumper is orange and within seconds the whole left side of the vehicle is RED as if something is in its proximity even though there is nothing around. It has been in the shop 3 times and it sat for about a month awaiting a Ford Engineer to address the issue. The dealership stated they wanted to calibrate the sensor however they noticed that the truck was having issues holding a charge via the high voltage battery. I received a recall notice for 23B70B which fixed the issue of the batter module holding a charge. The shop released the vehicle and stated it was calibrated and fixed however a day later the issue returned. I was wondering if anyone has any similar issues as the current progress and remedy I have from the shop is "they are awaiting for more information from the Ford Engineer".

Really love the truck however and as much as I want to turn off the parking aid sensors I do want to have all the "bells and whistles" working as these trucks aren't cheap. Also to note that this affects the parking assist feature.
Hi there! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

Sponsored

Box Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had a similar experience with my 2023 Lariat. Shortly after getting it in October 2023 I started getting these warnings about the front parking sensors being blocked when stopping at red lights with nothing around. Took it to the dealer but they did nothing as they said they could not reproduce the problem and they could not find any DTCs or technical bulletins. A lot of BS … So I took pictures of warnings on the console and actually found a reference to bulletin SSM 52161 which covers the problem as a SW issue. With this info the dealer finally fixed the problem and the warnings have not come back. CSP 23B70 was also an issue as before replacing the battery monitor sensor no update had been performed for months … CSP 23B57 also required some updates but no module replacement. Truck is perfect now!

OP
OP

Nipgniksd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had a similar experience with my 2023 Lariat. Shortly after getting it in October 2023 I started getting these warnings about the front parking sensors being blocked when stopping at red lights with nothing around. Took it to the dealer but they did nothing as they said they could not reproduce the problem and they could not find any DTCs or technical bulletins. A lot of BS … So I took pictures of warnings on the console and actually found a reference to bulletin SSM 52161 which covers the problem as a SW issue. With this info the dealer finally fixed the problem and the warnings have not come back. CSP 23B70 was also an issue as before replacing the battery monitor sensor no update had been performed for months … CSP 23B57 also required some updates but no module replacement. Truck is perfect now!
Thank you for the response. I too feel almost like this is a SW issue with the infotainment. I don't know if bulletin SSM 52161 covers any other sensor other than the front but its worth letting my service department know as anything helps at this point. I do also feel like since the CSP 23B70 was an issue on my truck, it was probably behind a lot of software updates as well. I'll keep an eye out on more TSB's that may have relevance . What is weird is once that rear sensor becomes orange to red after I shift into reverse the whole driver side of the truck goes red. so I don't know how that sensor sets off the other sensors of the truck... such a hassle.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hello, did you ever find out what is the problem with this? I picked up a 2023 lariat today and this same exact thing happened when I was pulling out of the dealer lot. Was too tired after spending a full day at the dealer to turn around.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER (Sept ‘23 build)
I’ve had the front sensor issue and the side/rear parking sensor issue just like the OP but on the passenger side, Sept 23 build Lariat ER…. My dealership said it was something to do with a bad module and it’s been on order for the last 4-5 months. Hopefully that’ll fix the issue but I do plan to give them that SB on the front sensor whenever I bring it in to make sure that’s fixed as well.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
What’s a SW issue?

Sponsored

Iceman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Hi everyone. I'm about 2 months into owning my lightning and its been to 2 dealership to try and fix the same problem. Both dealers can recreate the problem but when they tried to scan for a error nothing comes up. They tell me if no error codes come up then they can not do anything about it. I even said to them you seen the problem so why do you need a code. I like to hear from anyone here that had this problem what did you do to fix it. Thanks

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi everyone. I'm about 2 months into owning my lightning and its been to 2 dealership to try and fix the same problem. Both dealers can recreate the problem but when they tried to scan for a error nothing comes up. They tell me if no error codes come up then they can not do anything about it. I even said to them you seen the problem so why do you need a code. I like to hear from anyone here that had this problem what did you do to fix it. Thanks
Hello! Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist you with this parking sensor concern.

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
From what I know if you go to different dealer then each dealer will start from the beginning to diagnose the problem. They will not start from where the previous dealer took off. I got the front parking sensor replaced and it’s now functioning however I did received the sensor block error pop up once but haven’t seen it again since. It’s been six days now.

Tdub

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
After I wash the truck and back it in the garage I get the same message that the sensors are blocked. As you can see the sensors don’t indicate anything around the truck. It clears its self after a few days. Any ideas?

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat - Parking Sensors IMG_9217

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat - Parking Sensors IMG_9219
Sponsored