• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 Pro OEM Bed Light addition - why it sometimes doesn't work, and Fix.

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Transit Connect, 2018 F-250 Super Duty
Occupation
HVAC Contractor
I installed all OEM bed light components, and like some others, it doesn't work. Here's why, and what needs to be done, to get the bed light switch to work as the factory intended. On the BCM, plug (not the module) # C2280E is missing the pin and wire in pin position 9. This wire connects to the green/orange wire on either side (doesn't matter) of the bed light wiring harness.(I chose the passenger side) Next, pin #8, on the same plug is there, but it's missing a wire that's tapped into pin #8's wire. This wire needs to run to the white/blue wire coming off the bed switch. Thats it...push the bed light switch, lights go on, push again and they fade to off...

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Pro OEM Bed Light addition - why it sometimes doesn't work, and Fix. IMG_7623

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Pro OEM Bed Light addition - why it sometimes doesn't work, and Fix. IMG_7622

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Pro OEM Bed Light addition - why it sometimes doesn't work, and Fix. IMG_7621

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Pro OEM Bed Light addition - why it sometimes doesn't work, and Fix. IMG_7617
Sponsored

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
What did the switch and 2 cargo lamps along with the wiring cost?
When I inquired it was several hundred dollars .
I went a different route with 6 led modules that are pre strung. Picked up at Walmart for $30. Can run on a 12 volt rechargeable battery and never touch the factory wires.
Rick

OP
OP
Itaintfastenough
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Transit Connect, 2018 F-250 Super Duty
Occupation
HVAC Contractor
What did the switch and 2 cargo lamps along with the wiring cost?
When I inquired it was several hundred dollars .
I went a different route with 6 led modules that are pre strung. Picked up at Walmart for $30. Can run on a 12 volt rechargeable battery and never touch the factory wires.
Rick
$138.87 plus tax & shipping