First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
My truck is in the shop for the 24B56 CSP, 10K service and hopefully the BCM update!
Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 F150 XLT loaner IMG_1086

I miss my Lightning after less than five minutes driving this ICE!
Don’t get me wrong. This is a nice truck but I feel like I am having to fight the accelerator to get this thing moving it almost feels like I’m towing a giant trailer with how sluggish it is compared to the lightning!
Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 F150 XLT loaner IMG_1086
Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 F150 XLT loaner IMG_1087

interestingly, I hooked up wireless CarPlay, and it shows both the Apple Maps and the Ford navigation map?? I have never seen that before usually other map apps will override the OEM.
Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
While my original pro was in the shop my dealer gave me a couple F150's and an explorer ST to drive. I found them all incredibly sluggish compared to the lightning. I was especially disappointed in the ST. I thought it would hold its own but I still found it to be slow and unresponsive. My biggest issue is the automatic slush boxes. I still love driving a manual but after driving an EV automatics just suck.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
interestingly, I hooked up wireless CarPlay, and it shows both the Apple Maps and the Ford navigation map?? I have never seen that before usually other map apps will override the OEM.
Mine does this on the Lighting, just something that works on the 12" screen. Maybe because the Ford maps is a subscription that will eventually turn off?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Honda Passport
Occupation
Construction Executive
I don't see both maps together, but, apple maps will show the directions on the main screen and calculations on the guessometer, so, there is some sort of extra integration recently added. Google maps and waze do not do the same thing.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I don't see both maps together, but, apple maps will show the directions on the main screen and calculations on the guessometer, so, there is some sort of extra integration recently added. Google maps and waze do not do the same thing.
Yes, Apple Maps via CarPlay now has bi-directional data exchange with the Lightning (and other vehicles that support it). Google Is adding it to Android Auto, but we don’t have an ETA on that. However, Google Maps is the first to integrate Tesla Superchargers with CCS support into their navigation and that just rolled out in the past week or two…

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
24B56 CSP may give you the Walk-Away-Lock. It's a bit goofy since the WAL seems to be active by default with the APIM update but the rest of the systems aren't updated to provide the switch in the settings. You get it but you can't turn it off ;-)

Ford F-150 Lightning 2024 F150 XLT loaner 1728486422193-w2

OP
OP
Scorpio3d

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
24B56 CSP may give you the Walk-Away-Lock. It's a bit goofy since the WAL seems to be active by default with the APIM update but the rest of the systems aren't updated to provide the switch in the settings. You get it but you can't turn it off ;-)

1728486422193-w2.jpg
I think it’s the BCM update that gives you WAL.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Google maps does show up on the cluster on the Android Auto side of things, and after a random update that installed yesterday I now get battery percentage estimates popping up on Google Maps next to each destination.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I think it’s the BCM update that gives you WAL.
Could be. In either case, I came out of 24B56 CSP with WAL enabled and no switch in the settings ;-) OK for me but good for folks to know since it wasn't there before the CSP.
Sponsored