• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Flash or Lariat Purchase & Options Information

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
First post here. I have a 2025 Maverick Lariat on order, but started having reservations about the small size and utiitarian interior a couple weeks ago. Just sold a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2WD Double Cab I puchased new. So I've been researching all the trim levels and options on the Lightning. At first I thought I should have the 9.6 Pro Power and Max Tow options, but I've decided on Avalanche for the color and there appears to be no Lariats with those 2 options in my area, and only the Flash trim has them for some reason. So I find myself questioning if I really need either of them since I'd prefer the Lariat model. It's most
going to be a passenger vehicle with only limited towing. How useful are the Pro Power and Max Tow options in reality?
Sponsored

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
I just purchased this exact color with those 2 options in the flash trim level.
I also have those options in my 23 pro.

For me those 2 options are the Deal breakers..
As a contractor, I need the power to run equipment. The tow package gives me extra cooling, especially for my weight I carry and being in So Calif it gets hot.

Avalanche color is not a make it or break it color..although I heard 2024 is the last year for it..

Rick

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I just purchased this exact color with those 2 options in the flash trim level.
I also have those options in my 23 pro.

For me those 2 options are the Deal breakers..
As a contractor, I need the power to run equipment. The tow package gives me extra cooling, especially for my weight I carry and being in So Calif it gets hot.

Avalanche color is not a make it or break it color..although I heard 2024 is the last year for it..

Rick
I can see a contractor needing the Pro Power and Max Towing. I was thinking we could use the truck for emergency backup on our home, but after reading how much SunRun charges for the home inverter and installation plus I'm pretty sure my service main box will require an upgrade I'm thinking there are other much less costly alternatives. I'm in California too, but I won't be carrying any heavy loads on a regular basis.

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I’d get pro power. In a power outage you can plug in and power a lot of stuff.

You can get a Lariat with it, you just have find one with that option. It was standard on pre 24 Lariats.

Sponsored
OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I’d get pro power. In a power outage you can plug in and power a lot of stuff.

You can get a Lariat with it, you just have find one with that option. It was standard on pre 24 Lariats.
I'm in California and I really want the Avalanche color. There's just no Lariats in Avalanche with that option or Max Tow. Ford already has all the builds scheduled until the end of the 2024 run, and for some reason they only have the remaining Flash models setup for build with Pro Power and Max Tow.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Back in April, I did a count of the trucks available. Here is what I found:

Here is how the Trims break out as available within 500 miles of me: (126,430 vehicles)
XLT 23%
Flash 42%
Lariat 14%
Platin 21%
I'm really surprised at the low number of Lariats. They made more Platinums.

Of the 17,931 Lariats within 500 miles of me, here is how the options availability breaks out:

Agate Black 19%
Carbonized Gray 17%
Antimatter Blue 17%
Oxford White 15%
Iconic Silver 9%
Avalanche 9%
Star White 8%
Rapid Red 7%

BC 90 day 85%
BC 3 year 15%

Max Tow 19%
No Max Tow 81%

So yes, the options you want are somewhat rare. I have not used either Max Tow or Pro Power In almost 2 years of ownership. I would be more likely to use Pro Power but we have excellent electric reliability. No outage over 2 hours in 20 years.

Footnote: The reason the overall counts are high is that we later learned that a truck is available to multiple dealers and is counted more than once. https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...-fords-build-price-website.19429/#post-389279

Cvh8601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
If you don’t plan to tow often, my experience with a 23 lariat is that the truck is able to manage battery temp just fine on 95 degree days (+ 100% humidity) in the DC area with the single compressor. Definitely don’t skip the pro power.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Is the listed 232.7" length of the truck spot on? My garage is about 1" shorter than that from the front wall to the hinges on my sectional door. This might sour the whole deal. Crap.

Edit: I think 1 lousy sectional rollup hinge is going to going to sour the deal. Has anyone found a flush mount center hinge for these sectional garage doors to give me 1" more clearance?

Last edited:

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
First post here. I have a 2025 Maverick Lariat on order, but started having reservations about the small size and utiitarian interior a couple weeks ago. Just sold a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2WD Double Cab I puchased new. So I've been researching all the trim levels and options on the Lightning. At first I thought I should have the 9.6 Pro Power and Max Tow options, but I've decided on Avalanche for the color and there appears to be no Lariats with those 2 options in my area, and only the Flash trim has them for some reason. So I find myself questioning if I really need either of them since I'd prefer the Lariat model. It's most
going to be a passenger vehicle with only limited towing. How useful are the Pro Power and Max Tow options in reality?
When you need power, you will be really happy you have the 9.6 Pro Power option.

I also have the Max Tow, -- for towing a boat, and glad I have that too.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Is the listed 232.7" length of the truck spot on? My garage is about 1" shorter than that from the front wall to the hinges on my sectional door. This might sour the whole deal. Crap.

Edit: I think 1 lousy sectional rollup hinge is going to going to sour the deal. Has anyone found a flush mount center hinge for these sectional garage doors to give me 1" more clearance?
Pretty spot on. I don't know if that includes the front license plate bracket which sticks out a little. My double door has 5 hinges across. I would think removing one of the 4 might be fine.

In my old house I removed some drywall and framed out a small opening to allow the truck to get closer. Depending on where your studs are, just removing drywall could give you enough space.

OP
OP

StevenC56

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I sure wish someone made a midsized EV or Hybrid. I wanted to downsize, but the Maverick is pretty small, and the Lightning is pretty big.
Sponsored