• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MTLF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
This was a recall, Ford initially reached out to me about it. There were no symptoms. If Ford hasn't reached out to you, then you probably don't have to worry about it.

Not necessarily true! Some of us (ahem 🙋) we’re never notified by ford had the truck just completely loose power (4% max power). Dead cell module 3. 4+ weeks in the shop. Parts were ordered and surgery taking place as we speak. Hopefully has a full recovery! ❤‍🩹
Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Did they perform the work at your local dealer or did you have to bring it some place?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Did they perform the work at your local dealer or did you have to bring it some place?
It's always done at a dealership.

I live within a short drive of Dearborn, and all my work is still done at a dealership.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've had my Lariat ER for about 6 weeks. It has been performing flawlessly. In about late July, I am going to completely have a professional overhaul the audio system and have some very high end amplifiers and speakers installed.

What I'm hoping is that I don't have a problem like this down the road and Ford says something like You had all of this equipment installed so we can't warranty your module replacement or some other issue. I'm hoping this professional install won't be an issue down the road.

LifeAsDane

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning SR Lariat | 13' F150 EB Lariat
Occupation
Real Estate
Thanks for sharing. I love seeing the break down of these EV's. Also can I just say how much of a relieve it is to not see oil all over your cover plates, parts etc.. when taking these apart.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
I've had my Lariat ER for about 6 weeks. It has been performing flawlessly. In about late July, I am going to completely have a professional overhaul the audio system and have some very high end amplifiers and speakers installed.

What I'm hoping is that I don't have a problem like this down the road and Ford says something like You had all of this equipment installed so we can't warranty your module replacement or some other issue. I'm hoping this professional install won't be an issue down the road.
Standard modifications cannot invalidate warranty. There's been some legal rulings on that in various jurisdictions. And anyway, battery modules are very unrelated to your audio equipment.

tiguere82

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford F150 Lightning
I was affected too wit this recall. Ford called me one day telling me a battery module needed to be changed. I did not have any symptoms either before the repair. I have an early 2022 build.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I love that Ford gave real thought to repairability of the battery pack. Munro folks showed how it can be repaired down to replacing individual elements. Great stuff and promising for the long term maintainability of the truck.
Sponsored