First Name
Tom / TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat black
Occupation
Retired
Bought ‘23 Lariat in L.A. Drove to Boston and back in six days returning with a small inboard boat. Fifteen trips deep into Idaho, and several full length of CA round trips.
A lot of EA! but all solar at home.
Should come with a label: Must be an EV enthusiast to enjoy if you like to - or have to - drive A LOT.
Smart Cap on the back, Open Road roof top tent on top, Doberman and German Shepherd in the back. Rear seats removed, Dometic drawer refrigerator in place of “40”/60 seat.

Ford F-150 Lightning 70k mi in 18 months, lots of trailering too IMG_3884

Ford F-150 Lightning 70k mi in 18 months, lots of trailering too IMG_3893

Ford F-150 Lightning 70k mi in 18 months, lots of trailering too IMG_3965

Ford F-150 Lightning 70k mi in 18 months, lots of trailering too IMG_3977
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Bought ‘23 Lariat in L.A. Drove to Boston and back in six days returning with a small inboard boat. Fifteen trips deep into Idaho, and several full length of CA round trips.
Should come with a label: Must be an EV enthusiast to enjoy if you like to - or have to - drive A LOT.
Smart Cap on the back, Open Road roof top tent on top, Doberman and German Shepherd in the back. Rear seats removed, Dometic drawer refrigerator in place of “40”/60 seat.

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg
That's such a gorgeous F-150 Lightning, Tom! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP

TRCarr

First Name
Tom / TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
That's such a gorgeous F-150 Lightning, Tom! Thanks for sharing.
[/

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

[/that’s not me in the pic]

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
with 49,00 miles, I just today had my first and only trip to my dealer, thus far, for a 50,000 mile 'checkup'... $44.32

nothing to do, other than a tire rotation... brake pads are just fine. Everything is just fine.
I declined all recall and customer satisfaction updates.

Reactions: N87

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
Just confirms that I have made a right choice buying the truck. Thank you for posing it. Oh and nice puppies :)

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I bought my lightning in LA and drove it back home to Michigan. 4 days and I think 12 total charges. A couple were free at the hotels I stayed at which was nice. I think it’s a great road trip vehicle especially with BC. I drive back and forth to LA a few times a year for work. 3 months and it’s the best truck I’ve ever owned. Most charging was Tesla. Found them to be more reliable as well as cheaper than EA.

OP
OP

TRCarr

First Name
Tom / TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Dealer experiences have been terrible (6 visits). Airport-Harbor in L.A., Butler Ford in Ashland, OR, and Harper Ford in Eureka, CA. Every visit is a lesson in how dealers (service bays) don’t want to see you pull up in a Lightning.
Almost as bad as owning a Mercedes Sprinter (3 new ones: ‘16, ‘18’ ‘20. Treated like a nuisance)

OP
OP

TRCarr

First Name
Tom / TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
with 49,00 miles, I just today had my first and only trip to my dealer, thus far, for a 50,000 mile 'checkup'... $44.32

nothing to do, other than a tire rotation... brake pads are just fine. Everything is just fine.
I declined all recall and customer satisfaction updates.
Declined? Can’t get behind that.
Sponsored