• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

A2Z Tesla and Charge Fault

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
I appreciate it. Is there anyway to know on the update? I will go and try a non-tesla charger this week and make another attempt at testing the A2Z adapter.
I honestly don't remember, it was early in my ownership. I'd assume yours would already have it installed being a 24 model, but from what I've read it seems Ford would rather not spend the time updating the software to the latest version from the factory and wants to let the updates occur once the vehicle is in the customer's possession.

As someone else mentioned, the Tesla app will let you know if you're at a charging location that a non-Tesla can park in. My experience has been that if the built in adapter is there, it's usually ready for non-Tesla's. Then again, I use the app to guide me, rather than just trying out Tesla stalls randomly.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
No fast chargers yet.

This was my first attempt and it was Tesla SC - I can try a non-tesla. Is there something I'm missing on the first setup?

I will say, I have turned off a lot of the data sharing features on the F150 but I have to turn them back on for stupid stuff like the charging tab on the app. Not a fan of the "give me all your data, and I'll give you a basic feature like charging." :/
You should try a non-Tesla location. If you get the same error, there’s a problem with your truck. Takes the adapter and Tesla compatibility out of the equation.
Sponsored