OP

jpena418

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning 2022 Lariat ER
You said you ordered new off eBay. Was it from a Ford dealer or an individual?

I had a cracked tail light so bought a replacement off eBay from a seller highly-ranked who had sold many of these. But it was a pull from another Lightning. While all the bulbs worked it hyper-flashed when doing a turn signal. Seller allowed me to return it and I bought another one that worked flawlessly.

eBay prices can be half of new dealer cost but there is a chance the item may have an issue that is not obvious.

Will it throw the DTC if you have dynamic bending disabled?
I am beginning to think the ebay route was not the best but still willing to give it a try if it is just a programming issue.

I am not sure that I can even turn off dynamic bending. Is that a setting somewhere?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I am beginning to think the ebay route was not the best but still willing to give it a try if it is just a programming issue.

I am not sure that I can even turn off dynamic bending. Is that a setting somewhere?
Good question. According to the 2022 Owners Manual, the feature is called Adaptive Front Lighting.
How Does Adaptive Front Lighting Work
Adaptive front lighting adapts when you are steering around a curve.

Ford F-150 Lightning Adaptive headlights not working after headlight change 1730067145641-0o

A
Ford F-150 Lightning Adaptive headlights not working after headlight change 1730067145641-0o
Without adaptive front lighting.
B
With adaptive front lighting.
Switching Adaptive Front Lighting On and Off
Set the lighting control to the autolamps position to use adaptive front lighting.
Note: Other lighting control positions do not turn on adaptive front lighting.

So basically you would turn your headlights to On instead of Auto. Note, the truck will always return the headlights to Auto on each start so you'll have to turn the switch from Auto to On each time you test.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired

Firn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro ER

Not sure if there is a menu setting but if you research the FORSCAN settings you change for Glare Free you will find the ones for bending lights.

So, yes, but you may need forscan
Sponsored