Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Lane centering only engages while in adaptive cruise mode and cruise engaged. You’ll see a steering wheel pop up on the left of the cluster saying to keep hands on wheel. You will also see a circle form around the truck in the lane keep icon that is when lane centering is active.
Lane centering needs to be turned on in the settings in features and cruise .
Lane keep assist is active while ordinary driving the button on the steering wheel turns it on or off.
Lane centering does use the same camera as lane keeping but is only available with adaptive cruise
Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
Lane centering only engages while in adaptive cruise mode and cruise engaged. You’ll see a steering wheel pop up on the left of the cluster saying to keep hands on wheel. You will also see a circle form around the truck in the lane keep icon that is when lane centering is active.
Lane centering needs to be turned on in the settings in features and cruise .
Lane keep assist is active while ordinary driving the button on the steering wheel turns it on or off.
Lane centering does use the same camera as lane keeping but is only available with adaptive cruise
Gotcha. That was exactly my experience at lunch today. With just lane keeping on, it drifts until it sees the lane and bounces you back to center. It kinda centers it but eventually you drift to the other side or the same side and it does it again.

When I had adaptive cruise active, it actually did a really good job of keeping it in the center of the lane (lane centering). However, pressing the button to activate lane centering after adaptive cruise was on, displayed a message on the screen "lane keeping active" but it was in fact lane centering, by virtue of its actions.

My circle is more of a half circle but yes it is there.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Gotcha. That was exactly my experience at lunch today. With just lane keeping on, it drifts until it sees the lane and bounces you back to center. It kinda centers it but eventually you drift to the other side or the same side and it does it again.

When I had adaptive cruise active, it actually did a really good job of keeping it in the center of the lane (lane centering). However, pressing the button to activate lane centering after adaptive cruise was on, displayed a message on the screen "lane keeping active" but it was in fact lane centering, by virtue of its actions.

My circle is more of a half circle but yes it is there.
Yes correct. The lane centering is bluecruise lite. It will do what BC does basically but it requires hands on wheel where BC does not. I have seen people do weights on the wheel and it do fine. I dont do this but it proves the theory.

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
looks like thats going to be my weekend project. Is there any other easier way to access the 15k867B connection without taking off the grill and front bumper?
was the correct wiring there all the way or do you have to build the whole harness like Jesse?

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
was the correct wiring there all the way or do you have to build the whole harness like Jesse?
also interested in this as I have a 302A (with 360) too

Last edited:

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Big progress day! Finally had some time to play around with things and I have adaptive cruise now!

Leveled my CCM sensor as in the service manual. Then did the CCM calibration using Forscan which was very straight forward, just had to drive it down the road for a bit until it tells you its complete. Went and turned a few things on with Forscan to enable ACC and everything is working like it should so far! I haven't even installed my steering wheel switch for the distance change, and I might not at this point. It is currently at 3 of 4 bars on distance, and I'm 99% sure you can modify that with Forscan anyways if wanted. I'm going to see how it acts there then see what I want to do moving forward. I haven't even actually got to see it function yet a finding enough traffic in my small town on a Sunday night is easier said than done... but will see tomorrow when I get out and about.

Only draw back so far is no lane centering so far, so need to do some more playing around there. I'm 99% sure I have everything enabled for it to function but need to run through everything again and double check. However, like I suspected from the get go with this, I may need the advanced IPMA in order to make that work. Mainly because my driver assistance menus look much different than a truck that usually has everything. I even tried to enable intelligent cruise and things started freaking out again and not wanting to work, so all I have right now is normal and adaptive cruise. @Jesse-Infotainment any pointers would be awesome, but I think next is to try to swap in my advanced IPMA, get it all configured, and see what happens then. Luckily so far I think we've figured out you can add ACC very easily with these trucks with pretty much just the front CCM and wiring to get it all hooked up!

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1649039953191

Currant distance setting when you enable cruise

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1649039971152

My cruise control menu, much different from what I've seen in other trucks. If I enable Intelligent, I do get the tolerance setting, but it also looks much different from what I've seen elsewhere.
Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1649040047465

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Quick update. Ran ACC quite a bit today and worked flassely the whole time. The 3/4 distance is just about right for me and don't think I need to change it, but probably will try to play around with it just to make sure it can be changed in Forscan if people don't feel like adding the steering wheel controls. The only bad thing is now I want everything else... intelligent cruise, lance centering, and maybe even Blue Cruise down the road ha ?

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice work finding the CCM is all that was required for ACC without the switch.

Was interested if a 302A ipma can do lane centering or not… but if your Lariat couldn’t I assume Assist had a specific ipma then…

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Nice work finding the CCM is all that was required for ACC without the switch.

Was interested if a 302A ipma can do lane centering or not… but if your Lariat couldn’t I assume Assist had a specific ipma then…
Thanks! It just depends right now, that is the next thing to play with and figure out. If you have trailer assist or 360 cams, you "should" have the advanced IPMA then, so in theory you should be setup for lane centering as well already, just need to add the CCM.

I plan to throw the kitchen sink at my current IMPA to see what it can/can't do, but I have a pretty good feeling already what the outcome with be. Then it'll be in with my advanced IPMA to play around with it. I can't remember for certain for not, but a while back when I first got my advanced IPMA I swapped it in for a bit just to see what I could see. Of course the dash lite up like a tree with codes since it was out of a 701A, but I can't recall if the driver assistance cruise control menu looks like all the others do, or it still looked like my one pictured above which must be the basic, old, non updated version?

Anyways, one big thing checked off the list, on to the next!

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks! It just depends right now, that is the next thing to play with and figure out. If you have trailer assist or 360 cams, you "should" have the advanced IPMA then, so in theory you should be setup for lane centering as well already, just need to add the CCM.

I plan to throw the kitchen sink at my current IMPA to see what it can/can't do, but I have a pretty good feeling already what the outcome with be. Then it'll be in with my advanced IPMA to play around with it. I can't remember for certain for not, but a while back when I first got my advanced IPMA I swapped it in for a bit just to see what I could see. Of course the dash lite up like a tree with codes since it was out of a 701A, but I can't recall if the driver assistance cruise control menu looks like all the others do, or it still looked like my one pictured above which must be the basic, old, non updated version?

Anyways, one big thing checked off the list, on to the next!
have both trailer and 360 so interesting ?

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
have both trailer and 360 so interesting ?
I noticed that so you might be good to go on that end so far. Either trailer assist or 360 cams option should bump you up to the advanced IPMA from what I've tried to decipher.

Curious though, what does your driver assistance menu look like? I imagine you don't even have the cruise control menu option on there unless you've enabled things with forscan already.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I noticed that so you might be good to go on that end so far. Either trailer assist or 360 cams option should bump you up to the advanced IPMA from what I've tried to decipher.

Curious though, what does your driver assistance menu look like? I imagine you don't even have the cruise control menu option on there unless you've enabled things with forscan already.
yep no cruise control in there. just BLIS and traffic alert stuff

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
More progress this evening! Finally got to playing around with things more and now have lane centering working!
I was about to throw in the towel and ask @Jesse-Infotainment for some pointers, but I kept at it and comparing options that needed to be enabled and finally got the right combination. With that, holy crap a bunch of lines need changed across the IPMA, APIM, IPC, ABS, & BCM to make everything talk right. I still don't have speed sign recognition working 100% for some reason, it's on and enabled, just not reading any signs, but must be missing another line someplace so that will be the next hurdle. I currently have my donor advanced IPMA jerry rigged up for the time being, just to make sure I could make it all work the one it's designed to work with, before I try it on the basic module.
Next on the to do list, is to try and copy my config from the advanced to my basic IPMA and see if everything still works the same. So fingers crossed there, as Ford go cute and moved the rear camera input to the additional 2nd connector on the advanced IPMA, so I currently have no rear camera...

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1649734944882

Ford F-150 Lightning Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1649734962926

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
More progress this evening! Finally got to playing around with things more and now have lane centering working!
I was about to throw in the towel and ask @Jesse-Infotainment for some pointers, but I kept at it and comparing options that needed to be enabled and finally got the right combination. With that, holy crap a bunch of lines need changed across the IPMA, APIM, IPC, ABS, & BCM to make everything talk right. I still don't have speed sign recognition working 100% for some reason, it's on and enabled, just not reading any signs, but must be missing another line someplace so that will be the next hurdle. I currently have my donor advanced IPMA jerry rigged up for the time being, just to make sure I could make it all work the one it's designed to work with, before I try it on the basic module.
Next on the to do list, is to try and copy my config from the advanced to my basic IPMA and see if everything still works the same. So fingers crossed there, as Ford go cute and moved the rear camera input to the additional 2nd connector on the advanced IPMA, so I currently have no rear camera...

1649734944882.png

1649734962926.png
Great job! There are a ton of changes... Not sure if you made the change in the BCM..

The ipc you need to make a change for the speed sign recognition. I think in 05-01 the first bit

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
Looking through some as built comparisons I think you also need to look at 720-09-02 first bit for "intelligent adaptive cruise" and maybe the second to last of 720-09-01 for "speed limit information function" Those were different between my 21XLT and others that have assist 2.0

I've got my CCM and wiring harness on order and eagerly awaiting giving this a try.

Did you guys have to touch the PSCM or SCCM for this? Found a few differences there that look like they might be needed too.
Sponsored