Sponsored

Am I charging to the maximum capacity of the battery and using the buffer?

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
There seems to be a select few of us that are having a software bug where the bms is not able to properly detect or display the true SOC. Mine is currently showing around 5-8 kWh off of true dSOC. This weekend I am doing the deep cycle bms calibration to see if that helps since I normally donā€™t go low in the pack thanks to @MickeyAO hard work.

As more and more people are posting about this happening, I suspect we will be hearing more from @Ford Motor Company about another cspā€¦.
Yes this could be a real problem.. my reported SOC is about 5% MORE than what Car Scanner is reporting.. So i tried to recalibrate charging to 100%, charging completed but car scanner only reported 96% SOC... so then real problem is when I drive it down to 10% coming back from a long trip typically for the last leg where I'll charge at home... I'm actually rolling in at 5% though the truck thinks it's at 10%... I could easily end up stranded on the road...
Sponsored

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Yes this could be a real problem.. my reported SOC is about 5% MORE than what Car Scanner is reporting.. So i tried to recalibrate charging to 100%, charging completed but car scanner only reported 96% SOC... so then real problem is when I drive it down to 10% coming back from a long trip typically for the last leg where I'll charge at home... I'm actually rolling in at 5% though the truck thinks it's at 10%... I could easily end up stranded on the road...
Exactly that is my concern too. We have already seen that situation play out as part of Out of Specā€™s issues with the press fleet lighting thatā€™s BMS got off and caused them to get a tow when they we around d 5% dSOC.

As it just started I am sure it is a bug or us needing to calibrate like Teslas have to keep the BMS balanced. I have faith @Ford Motor Company is aware or will be aware and have a solution

OP
OP

MADequipment

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Avalanche Gray
Iā€™ll hopefully report back in 9 days how the re-calibration goes. I only consume about 10% per day.

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Exactly that is my concern too. We have already seen that situation play out as part of Out of Specā€™s issues with the press fleet lighting thatā€™s BMS got off and caused them to get a tow when they we around d 5% dSOC.

As it just started I am sure it is a bug or us needing to calibrate like Teslas have to keep the BMS balanced. I have faith @Ford Motor Company is aware or will be aware and have a solution
I have tried to recalibrate three tumes, ran down to 25% once and about 15% another time then charged to 100% immediatly after... I also was at about 70% and charged to 100% (Helene was heading to Fl) and so far no difference.. always 4% to almost 5% reported SOC to high... I will say that after the 2nd recal when I got down to below 39% it seemed to be off only 2 to 3% to high reporting in the truck... I havnt been that low again and will be charging up to 100% again for Milton that is more of a threat this to us than Helene.... just wish my HIS was working šŸ˜ž
Sponsored