• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android auto making outgoing calls not working

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Anybody else seeing the problem? Outgoing calls connect but no audio when using Android auto.

Works fine when not using Android auto on the car Bluetooth.
Sponsored

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
I've never been able to get an outgoing call to work while android auto is connected. Galaxy S22 ultra

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yeah, I have lots of phone connecting issues with Android Auto. Usually takes 2 or 3 attempts.

I have found that this is only when you first get in the truck though, if you have been driving for awhile it seems to work, so something must still be booting in the background. Wife has the same issue on her Mach-e, but only the last few months. An update must have done something.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've had issues in the past, but seldom take & make calls so it's not been a priority.

Pull up the phone device, and switch from AA to Bluetooth only connection, that resolved my concern the couple times I had it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've had issues in the past, but seldom take & make calls so it's not been a priority.

Pull up the phone device, and switch from AA to Bluetooth only connection, that resolved my concern the couple times I had it.
Yes that works but it means no wireless AA. However I might just go with wired option since wireless failed to work few times.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm also having this issue, I found that if I cycle to phone speaker and back it works, but sometimes the audio will cut out without warning. It's been pretty frustrating.

Aschool

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Electrical Industry
I've had this issue on my 18 Larait and now the Lightning. No idea what causes it, but have had success with the speaker to truck cycle in getting it back as previously stated. Also, once the first call has been made, the rest typically work for that trip. Frustrating interface, but it's been like that for some time through S8 on through the S22.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Samsung's been updating android recently, so all apps are crapping out needing redownloads or user data wipes.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
This has been ongoing problem for me too..I have a samsung zfold 3. Also usually happens for first phone call. My temp fix is while making a call, on the car screen, I toggle from bluetooth to speakerphone and back to bluetooth..that is the easiest way I've found and does the trick and dont have to touch my phone. I'm running the newest AA 8.9 coolwalk daily beta build and it still does it so idk if it's a samsung hardware thing or a Ford thing.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This has been ongoing problem for me too..I have a samsung zfold 3. Also usually happens for first phone call. My temp fix is while making a call, on the car screen, I toggle from bluetooth to speakerphone and back to bluetooth..that is the easiest way I've found and does the trick and dont have to touch my phone. I'm running the newest AA 8.9 coolwalk daily beta build and it still does it so idk if it's a samsung hardware thing or a Ford thing.
It is most likely a Ford integration thing. I didn't have the issue with VW Atlas before the lightning on the same phone.

Also got coolwalk today and still happening.

Most likely this won't get fixed until Ford moves away from sync.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
It is most likely a Ford integration thing. I didn't have the issue with VW Atlas before the lightning on the same phone.

Also got coolwalk today and still happening.

Most likely this won't get fixed until Ford moves away from sync.
I'm hating sync as well. In my lincoln I have problems with the call echoing on the listeners. That happens with both wired connection and using AAWireless dongle. I don't remember if it was Ford or another manufacturer, but one of them were supposed to make android auto their primary OS. Let's hope all manufacturers follow suite.

Sidenote: my brother in law connected his iPhone to my lightning the other day. Talk about full screen! (PRO 12") AA needs to step up its full screen game stat. I hate apple, but that true full screen ui was nice!

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
Same here - Samsung Galaxy S22 S901U. The issue happens for me whether I am connected to the truck wireless or via USB-C. Outgoing calls only - the caller can hear me, but I cannot hear the caller. If the caller calls me back all is well. If I initiate the call on the phone instead of the Sync4 screen it works fine.

The same phone works fine (no issues) on my 2018 Fusion (wired only) and 2021 Bronco lux pkg, wireless and wired.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I still have intermittent issues with my Galaxy S10e, last event was an inbound call, I tapped to accept the call, I could not hear the caller but he could hear me. I hung and called out, that worked well. This is definitely intermittent though, other times I've received inbound calls with no issues.

I'm only reiterating this experience since we've had a few updates to both the truck side and phone side of the equation, but problems still linger.

Last edited:

OrangeCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
Same issue with Galaxy Note 20. 2023 Lariat. Initiating the call on the phone seems to work. Not sure where to report this bug to Ford so tagging @Ford Motor Company
Sponsored