Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
Ordered a Lariat SR with Bluecruise. Embracing it for what it is. An expensive luxury commuter that has enough juice to have fun on the weekends. I'll never tow anything heavy with it, given the range, so Tow tech and max towing seemed pointless. Paid the extra for the A/T tires given that they might get a little dirty when I go on a gravel road to the river access for my kayak haha.
Sponsored

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I received my invitation to order! I can order an XLT, but I want a Pro. Strangely it says to contact the dealer. I called and they say they can't order the Lightning and have no idea why it is saying that. Has anyone tried calling their dealer in hopes of ordering a Pro?
Screen Shot - Lightning.PNG
I did. Was told they are indeed sold out except if you have a fleet number.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Got my email a couple hours ago with an order now button reserved the first couple minutes into the debut.
Ford F-150 Lightning Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ? 92C6EC5D-DBA8-4D53-8396-D446A6D3E781

Sponsored
OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I received my invitation to order! I can order an XLT, but I want a Pro. Strangely it says to contact the dealer. I called and they say they can't order the Lightning and have no idea why it is saying that. Has anyone tried calling their dealer in hopes of ordering a Pro?
Since there is no way to defer your reservation, I would order a base XLT SR and hope someone will trade you a Pro.

"A bird in your hand is worth more than 2 in the bush"

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I am trying the same thing, my sales guy isn't in today but is going to check into it tomorrow for me. Fingers crossed....

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally.
My dealer called me within 5 minutes of placing the order. In the conversation he mentioned that they have a Pro demo unit. Maybe give them a call (Chapman Ford of Scottsdale).

Since Pro wasn't available and I thought XLT was a bad value, I went with Lariat SR.

MalthusUNC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
Got my invite this evening and just placed the order. I placed my reservation at the end of the presentation.

Ordered a Lariat ER with Star White Metallic Tri-Coat and added the Max Trailer Tow package.

Can't believe I'm paying this much for a vehicle - but what am I going to do, leave the money to my kids? 😂

Sponsored

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
Since there is no way to defer your reservation, I would order a base XLT SR and hope someone will trade you a Pro.

"A bird in your hand is worth more than 2 in the bush"
I too received first the text, then the email today, and was able to order.

Like many here I was initially drawn to the $40K bait for the Pro. I did call the dealer when the option for purchasing the Pro online wasn't available today and was told to go ahead and order whatever I felt comfortable with and to call back tomorrow to see if a Pro was available (Sales Manager not in today). I harbor no illusions that the answer will be any different tomorrow, so a $60k XLT it is, with a $1,500 reservation fee, but no ADM.

Advertise a $40K truck, sell a $60k truck, nice work Ford. But I did get a leather wrapped steering wheel.

***Pent-up rant follows, feel free to skip***
The whole experience has been a disappointment. I reserved immediately after the presentation ended (didn't know that I could do it any earlier, my bad). After a few months I called the dealer and was told I was #3 in line. It's not a massive dealership but in a relatively affluent area (CA, so economic reality adjustments required) so #3 seemed OK, safe enough to get a 22 MY. Time warp back to May of last year and the EV sentiment wasn't nearly as strong as it is today, with $6/gal gas. But when the first wave was imminent I called again and found I was had been magically transported to #13. No good explanation given but there are a lot people with plenty of $ around so I suspect they paid ADMs (dealer hinted as much) so I lost out on the 22 MY and the pricing that went with it.

Definitely a first-world problem, can't get the EV I want immediately and as cheaply as I want, but nobody made me buy the damn thing. I also have Silverado EV and Cybertruck reservations though I suspect those $40k trucks are essentially going to end up as vaporware too. Ford was first, so here's my money. At least I'll have an EV in Spring, hopefully. Unlike others here who talk about flipping the vehicle I don't see that as probable, CA sales tax takes some of the luster off of that transaction. Plus, I suspect that the upcoming generations of all of these trucks will be vastly superior. Battery technology is changing rapidly, it's my guess that 5 years from now people will be laughing out loud about the weight, capacity, charge rates, cost, etc of the battery pack of my '23 Lightning. Yet, I bought it anyway. My solar panels need something to feed. Let's hope those aftermarket replacement battery packs are available soon.

Last edited:

AkayRiviannnn07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I got the text and email as well. Haven't made up my mind on ordering or not. I feel very fortunate to have my Rivian but feel my family needs a bigger cab and i loved my Mach e. I have a chevy reservation as well mostly due to the 800v architecture. Do i wait for the chevy in '24 ish or spend 90k plus with no tax rebates next year ? I doubt i can buy the ford and then buy the chevy a year later. I do have some concern about the car market going back to normal and used car values actually depreciating and some concerns about investing in something that could be vastly outdated in several years. I guess it will depend on whether or not my dealer will refund the 500.

RangerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger
For me, XLT now showing “Currently Closed“
Don’t know if it’s per dealer, temporary or what…

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
Sooo.. i almost hit order last night but decided to email my dealer about the deposit so held.

Looks like XLT is now sold out!!

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Sooo.. i almost hit order last night but decided to email my dealer about the deposit so held.

Looks like XLT is now sold out!!
do you have a screenshot?
Sponsored