• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone received their Tesla adapter?

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
Has anyone received their Tesla adapter ? When we receive our adapter will information have to be sent to our trucks ?
Sponsored

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Has anyone received their Tesla adapter ? When we receive our adapter will information have to be sent to our trucks ?
I got my adapter about a month ago. I ordered it the morning that ordering first opened up and I had an order number around 5,000.

I was immediately able to charge using by activating the Tesla Charger with the Tesla APP initially. I had to enter the charge station dock number and Tesla enabled it. It was billed to the credit card that the Tesla App had on file.

Then I tried to do Plug and Charge by just plugging it in and it failed. :(

A few days later my Lightning received a software update that enabled simple Plug & Charge to use the Ford Pass account. It was billed to my Ford Pass account.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
OP
OP
ALAN BORER

ALAN BORER

First Name
ALAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250
Occupation
RETIRED
I got my adapter about a month ago. I ordered it the morning that ordering first opened up and I had an order number around 5,000.

I was immediately able to charge using by activating the Tesla Charger with the Tesla APP initially. I had to enter the charge station dock number and Tesla enabled it. It was billed to the credit card that the Tesla App had on file.

Then I tried to do Plug and Charge by just plugging it in and it failed. :(

A few days later my Lightning received a software update that enabled simple Plug & Charge to use the Ford Pass account. It was billed to my Ford Pass account.
Thanks for getting back to me, Iā€™m supposed to get mine in September

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
got mine a few months ago (order #1350) have used it for the first time last week. attach, plug in, charging started immediately as advertised! 24 minutes later I was back on the road.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
When we receive our adapter will information have to be sent to our trucks ?
Reception of the adapter and issuance/install of the latest Tesla updates to the truck are note keyed to each other, you might get that update at anytime .... if you're lucky.

Hey @Ford Motor Company this is another 60 minute developer project for the adapter team to implement, run the mailing list against the Tesla Update list of incomplete trucks, send it to those trucks just in time as of FEd Ex backing up the dispatch truck to your loading dock.

The adapter will still work with the Tesla app even if the charge assist or P&C functions are not up to date, just requires a little more effort.

LightningB514

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Accountant
Yes, got mine a month ago. Iā€™m not sure if there was a software update to make it work. I have plug and charge enabled. I have used it a couple times. Just pull Tesla charger and plug on adapter then to truck. Pretty easy and straight forward.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
So I'll get one in 2025 since I don't use the app. Oh well, a first world problem since I have the A2Z adapter. I have a low enough order number to have gotten one already which reinforces the concept of being rewarded for my fealty. :)

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Yes, got mine a month ago. Iā€™m not sure if there was a software update to make it work. I have plug and charge enabled. I have used it a couple times. Just pull Tesla charger and plug on adapter then to truck. Pretty easy and straight forward.
The only update needed is to make ā€˜plug&chargeā€™ work.

NAVEWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USAF Navigator/Electronic Warfare Officer
Received mine on June 13, 2024. Tried it out this past Saturday (August 3, 2024) Can't recall getting any specific Tesla charging update on the truck but it started charging almost immediately after plugging in. Billed to my Ford Pass account. I don't have the Charge Assist button and nothing in the truck to navigate to Tesla chargers. I used the Ford Pass app to navigate to the charger and that worked fine.
Sponsored

Last edited: