• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Asking for some help

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
I have an early release, 22 Platinum. Taking my truck into the dealer to get a few CSP items closed later this week. I am currently on BlueCruise 1.1, no walk away lock and a few other initial release items that have promised updates since day 1.

my question is if anyone can look at my VIN in FDRS to see what updates I need to ask for. I say it this way because my dealer knows nothing and I have to hand feed them exactly what needs to be updated. Asking them to update what needs updating will result in nothing being done.
Sponsored

Tfarrell73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23Lightning Lariat ER in production, 17 GMC Sierra
Ford only pays the dealers to install CSPs. You might have to pay to get everything updated, if they are even willing.

BBB

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f250, focus, cmax energy.
Occupation
retired
I have an early release, 22 Platinum. Taking my truck into the dealer to get a few CSP items closed later this week. I am currently on BlueCruise 1.1, no walk away lock and a few other initial release items that have promised updates since day 1.

my question is if anyone can look at my VIN in FDRS to see what updates I need to ask for. I say it this way because my dealer knows nothing and I have to hand feed them exactly what needs to be updated. Asking them to update what needs updating will result in nothing being done.
Have you called Ford directly? I've always gotten more help from them than the dealers.

OP
OP
flypony53

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
Thanks for the responses. Will see what I can do at the dealer. Thanks again.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

They would have to update the BCM to enable walk-away lock. They cannot enable the newer BC features; you'd have to do that with FORScan. Before you can do it, they would have to update the CCM, SCCM, CMR, IPMA & PSCM to the latest versions.
Sponsored