Sponsored

Automatic Climate Control Not Calibrated?

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
So I pretty much exclusively use auto on climate control just fine it better and easier. However as it’s starting getting hot last week or so in the mid 80’s I’ve noticed the auto settings are not working as I remember how they used to work.

When the temps are in the 80’s I have to keep it all the way down to low otherwise it’s boiling hot in the truck. Auto even on high fan at 65-70 just doesn’t cool the cabin down. And not just for a short ride talking about long 30+ minute drives.

Also noticed a strange bug where when it’s set on low auto. The “middle” fan auto is actually the highest fan! Weird. Of course it would be great if max AC button was on the home page please!
@Ford Motor Company

Had the truck for 18 months don’t remember last summer having to keep it on low auto. AC does still work great keeps it cool especially when put on max AC just temperature doesn’t seem to be calibrated well.

Anyone else??

22 lariat ER not had all the latest Software updates for some reason. Still never got Tesla update that I know of. I Had all recalls including LVB sensor
Sponsored

Ish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lariat ER
I’ve noticed that if driver focused is on that it doesn’t cool, or heat, the cabin effectively, no matter the temperature setting. Try turning driver focused off and see if that helps.

OP
OP

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
I’ve noticed that if driver focused is on that it doesn’t cool, or heat, the cabin effectively, no matter the temperature setting. Try turning driver focused off and see if that helps.
Ok great thank you!

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
And I thought I was the one going a bit crazy... last summer on a road trip I thought the cabin wasn't cooling down without manually increasing the fan. I attributed it to having a full load of passengers plus 2 dogs in the truck. But then in the winter I noticed that it wouldn't heat the cabin quickly if I didn't remember to turn up that fan. Dealer checked it out and didn't find anything. Glad to hear I'm not the only one thinking that this system used to work a lot better...

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine works okay, it doesn't like mid temp ranges. I've had similar issues to you where it's 80F and I have the cab set to 75F and it doesn't try hard to blow cool air because it's "close" but the sun is beating on me. I usually just manually set the fan up a bit and it helps cool it better. I also have the opposite issue where it's been in the sun all day and it's 60F out but the truck thinks it's 80F and keeps blowing cold air on me. Once it's just hot hot out the truck does fine. Less ambiguity I guess.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How many times have we gone into an establishment (restaurants) during spring / fall and the HVAC system is confused about what it should be doing?
Sponsored