Sponsored

BC Canada bans level 3 automated driving - Ford impacted?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Level 2

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
https://www.motor1.com/news/716183/british-columbia-bans-level-3-driver-assists/

What level is Ford's Bluecruise? I am hoping it is 1 or 2, but by the sounds of it, it may have just become illegal in BC Canada.
Level 3 allows the driver to take a nap or otherwise not pay attention. Here's an article about Mercedes, which is approved for level 3 in certain situations.
https://www.theverge.com/2023/9/27/23892154/mercedes-benz-drive-pilot-autonomous-level-3-test

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Says right in the article what cars are impacted:

But at this stage, nothing is available for public use beyond Level 3. Even then, there are only two vehicles with Level 3 capability you can buy. The 2024 Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS offer the system, and it's currently only approved for limited use in California and Nevada.

OP
OP

Basis0439

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Says right in the article what cars are impacted:

But at this stage, nothing is available for public use beyond Level 3. Even then, there are only two vehicles with Level 3 capability you can buy. The 2024 Mercedes-Benz S-Class and EQS offer the system, and it's currently only approved for limited use in California and Nevada.
I read that. I wasn't certain that the author was complete in his listing of vehicles. Wouldn't be the first time there was an error or omission in a publication. I presumed BlueCruise was the forefront of autonomous driving and could be considered Level 3. I tried looking up what level BlueCruise was/is, but couldn't find anything immediately.
Sponsored