• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

BCM Updates, APIM Updates and Walk Away Lock Feature

RichB-HTX

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I get over the air updates Al, the time without issue. I’m in Houston, Texas.

I agree fully with your decision on the potential bricking updates. Whether the service department was screwing with your or not, I would not take that chance for an ease of use upgrade.
Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Same here. Ran some updates in FDRS, and the truck started locking itself (but I haven't found any way to turn it on/off).
Update: I added the WAL toggles in the Sync screen using the Forscan instructions (thanks @Mike G ). I don’t have the BCM update, which probably explains why the toggle wont stay on. The truck seems to lock itself most of the time, but not always. Sometimes I have a key fob with me, sometimes just my phone. Go figure.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Just received ECG-24.2.4.10
pretty useless release notes on what it is or does, at least to me…?

Ford F-150 Lightning BCM Updates, APIM Updates and Walk Away Lock Feature IMG_2820

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Apparently we can go to the dealer and pay $150 to have it done. Is this correct @Ford Motor Company or will we eventually get this feature through OTA?
I have scheduled a dealer visit Monday for a SYNC software safety recall. I’ll ask them about the walk away lock feature.

Thank you for responding.

Last edited by a moderator:

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
Update: I added the WAL toggles in the Sync screen using the Forscan instructions (thanks @Mike G ). I don’t have the BCM update, which probably explains why the toggle wont stay on. The truck seems to lock itself most of the time, but not always. Sometimes I have a key fob with me, sometimes just my phone. Go figure.
Update: As near as I can figure, the truck locks itself during scheduled departure preconditioning. I have it set for my morning and evening commute, so most often when I approch the truck it is either preconditioning or just finished. Or someone at work is messing with me (also an option).
Sponsored