OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Looks sweeeeet. How’s the ride in comparison to stock?
firmer and more confidence inspiring especially around corners. No more float. Feels like it went from a Suburban to a Challenger. And that torque!
Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So what was your stock m/kWh and driving area? I'm seeing no better then 2.1 average with stock setup and north Alabama driving

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So what was your stock m/kWh and driving area? I'm seeing no better then 2.1 average with stock setup and north Alabama driving
I was getting that with mixed driving now getting 2.4 easily. Much better if I stay off the interstate but overall averaging 2.4.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
No I was wondering if this is an improvement, as my best m/kWh is 2.1 average, 2.4 to 2.5 would be significant improvement to aligh to the actual mfg range. I looked up the kit, it's pricey but looks high quality

Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Looks incredible man!!

Curious if you ever tried to go lower than 3" in the rear to make it more level.

Also, did you install their rear camber kit. What's your current alignment like with the drop?

Congrats again man - really well put together!

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks incredible man!!

Curious if you ever tried to go lower than 3" in the rear to make it more level.

Also, did you install their rear camber kit. What's your current alignment like with the drop?

any lower and the rear sits on the bump stops.

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can you provide details? A link to the URL where you bought it?
no, that is definitely not something I would do myself. It only cost 160 bucks to have a professional vinyl wrap shop do it. You have to take it off the truck which is easy but it's a one day turnaround. Just link up with a local vinyl shop in your area and they will provide the gloss black wrap and get it secured to the grill. mine is still flawless after being in direct sunlight for almost 2 years now.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
no, that is definitely not something I would do myself. It only cost 160 bucks to have a professional vinyl wrap shop do it. You have to take it off the truck which is easy but it's a one day turnaround. Just link up with a local vinyl shop in your area and they will provide the gloss black wrap and get it secured to the grill. mine is still flawless after being in direct sunlight for almost 2 years now.
Great. Thank you for this. One last question: Are there any items (cameras; sensors) that need to be dealt with?

Sponsored
OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great. Thank you for this. One last question: Are there any items (cameras; sensors) that need to be dealt with?
Not at all. That seems to be a common question. The fact is, the truck is designed to carry 400 pounds in the front which would lower the front, 1000 pounds in the rear which would lift the front, or any combination thereof. Ford designed the sensors to function widely under various loads, so a static drop does not affect it at all. I just did an 8 Hour Rd. trip primarily blue cruise with absolutely no issues

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Love it! Making me want to go from lifted to lowered 😖
I'd never lift an electric truck. Considering that most people who drive trucks use them for daily transportation and the occasional light load/family hauling, it makes sense to make an electric truck as efficient as possible. Lifting it absolutely destroys efficiency, you can expect 10–20% range loss.

Plus it handles so much better, you have to remember this thing has 800 pound feet of torque and 90% of the weight is less than 24 inches off the ground. That's a recipe for fuuuuuun.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I'd never lift an electric truck. Considering that most people who drive trucks use them for daily transportation and the occasional light load/family hauling, it makes sense to make an electric truck as efficient as possible. Lifting it absolutely destroys efficiency, you can expect 10–20% range loss.

Plus it handles so much better, you have to remember this thing has 800 pound feet of torque and 90% of the weight is less than 24 inches off the ground. That's a recipe for fuuuuuun.
Efficiency lifted is not that bad. Tires are more of an issue. I’ve been lifted for almost 2 years and efficiency is roughly 2.1 to date. Handling on Eibachs actually improved, it’s planted.

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks incredible man!!

Alignment is to spec with the kit.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So what made you go all in on the Icon kit from your previous post for the rear shock lower approach? That kit is pricey, not sure I can get that buy my wife lol.
Sponsored