OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
So what made you go all in on the Icon kit from your previous post for the rear shock lower approach? That kit is pricey, not sure I can get that buy my wife lol.
The camber was unacceptable even with a 1 inch drop in the rear. Plus the lightning is much higher than a regular F150 and since it came from a sport truck, I wanted to lower it both were looks and for handling.

Since I'm gonna lower it, I wanted it to do it the right way so I got this kit which is designed for it.
Sponsored

Reactions: JRT

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Truck looks amazing... Just wondering if you made the suspension lowering system adjustable or it is just set for the amount you wrote before?!?!

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck looks amazing... Just wondering if you made the suspension lowering system adjustable or it is just set for the amount you wrote before?!?!
Honestly, it's a little bit of trial and error. I lowered it the maximum amount at first but the rear suspension was sitting on the bump stop. I did not want a rigid suspension so we lifted it up little by little. It's currently at a 3 inch drop right now in the rear. The front is down as far as it will go but I think I will end up lifting it an additional inch. it does well and looks great but I would like a little more cushion so it doesn't ride like a low rider. The variable suspension settings that you can do on the app really nice, it strengthens or weekends the shock electronically.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
looks great (and I typically don't like lowered trucks), did you adjust speedo for the smaller tires (looks like 265/60/20 instead of 275/60/20)....as that would throw off the efficiency calculation

Sponsored
OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
looks great (and I typically don't like lowered trucks), did you adjust speedo for the smaller tires (looks like 265/60/20 instead of 275/60/20)....as that would throw off the efficiency calculation
It's a 1.5% difference in diameter which is less than 8 total revolutions per mile which is statistically insignificant.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So everything is motorized from an app to adjust?
yes, can just adjust with Forscan....laptop and odb2 cord

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It's a 1.5% difference in diameter which is less than 8 total revolutions per mile which is statistically insignificant.
true, certainly for the speedo you wouldn't notice but for odometer and MPG even small % can make a difference...your miles per kw are likely artificially high now by about 0.05 so maybe 2.35 instead of 2.4

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
@csukoh78 can you provide a link for the wheels? I purchased the Eibach lowering springs and Icon rear camber kit. I believe the springs lower the rear 2.9 and the front .5. I want to maximize efficiency, and level the truck by lowering the rear. Love the look of your wheels and that they are light weight forged.

Sponsored
OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@csukoh78 can you provide a link for the wheels? I purchased the Eibach lowering springs and Icon rear camber kit. I believe the springs lower the rear 2.9 and the front .5. I want to maximize efficiency, and level the truck by lowering the rear. Love the look of your wheels and that they are light weight forged.
sure. https://trexwheels.com/wheels/t200/
I bought them from https://solisracinggroup.com/jeep-dodge-performance-parts/trex-t200/
Great service from both. Just let them know what you drive and they'll get you the correct ones.

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Alignment is to spec with the kit.
Where did you take to get aligned? I’ve taken to 2 places and both said they can’t do it. Would rather not have Ford take care of it since it’s clearly modified

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My 4 x 4 shop that installed the suspension did it. They installed the camber kit and then they have an alignment machine there. Everything works out just fine.

Strangatang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Appreciate the response. I did the beltech struts in conjunction with the eibach springs. Stance looks great but think I have to raise it. Half shafts are on upward angle and ride is rough (it appears I’m on the bump stop…)

Ford F-150 Lightning Beauty shots of my Lightning. New, fully forged Trex T-200 bronze wheels, ICON stage IV lowering kit, gloss black vinyl wrapped grill, other goodies. IMG_5507

Ford F-150 Lightning Beauty shots of my Lightning. New, fully forged Trex T-200 bronze wheels, ICON stage IV lowering kit, gloss black vinyl wrapped grill, other goodies. IMG_5508

OP
OP

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Appreciate the response. I did the beltech struts in conjunction with the eibach springs. Stance looks great but think I have to raise it. Half shafts are on upward angle and ride is rough (it appears I’m on the bump stop…)

IMG_5507.jpeg

IMG_5508.jpeg
Yeah. Definitely are. The struts should never lower more than 1" inch. The suspension just can't handle a deep drop. The Eibach kit is much better. You also risk binding the lower suspension bolt. It's rigid. The Eibach kit has a ball and rod setup
Sponsored