• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Black screen SYNC 4A

Carroll

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition Platinum
Having issues with the display screen. Have tried all the tricks (key, soft reset and hard reset) none of it has helped. My screen is staying black not even the Ford logo when the car gets started.

Any other tips??
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Not sure what you mean by soft and hard reset. Did you hold volume down and skip ahead on your steering wheel for 10+ seconds?

Could just be a dead screen. Stuff breaks.

OP
OP

Carroll

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition Platinum
Not sure what you mean by soft and hard reset. Did you hold volume down and skip ahead on your steering wheel for 10+ seconds?

That is what it called a soft rest in another thread.

OP
OP

Carroll

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition Platinum

How likely is it that a 2023 screen would die especially with regular updates and services?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
How likely is it that a 2023 screen would die especially with regular updates and services?
Just a one in a hundred thousand chance, (number pulled out of the air)

There might be a connector that's finally worked loose.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
How likely is it that a Samsung TV screen would die in it's warranty period? That a Bosch dishwasher would burn a hole through the top rack pickup tube shortly outside of it's warranty period? That a 2022 Lincoln Navigator would have a dead rear lightbar? I don't know, but these are all things if mine that have broken this year. Things break. It sucks.

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
Having issues with the display screen. Have tried all the tricks (key, soft reset and hard reset) none of it has helped. My screen is staying black not even the Ford logo when the car gets started.

Any other tips??
Oddly enough, my dashboard screen went totally dark today. The big center console screen was still working in my case.

I tried a soft reset (hold down left and right outer buttons on steering wheel) and it didn't help.
Tried turning off the truck and restart, also no good.

So I opened the frunk to get access to the 12V battery and disconnected the ground wire, waited 30 seconds and reconnected it.
Et Voila! It's working again.

Note: When disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V battery, sometimes the frunk button stops working because it gets confused. I had to manually close the frunk most of the way until it automatically latched itself closed. After that the frunk worked normally.

They may have introduced a bug to cause the screen to go out with the most recent update. Will have to see if it happens again.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
They may have introduced a bug to cause the screen to go out with the most recent update. Will have to see if it happens again.
Last update?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The ultimate reset and likely easiest fix for most things Ford is to disconnect the 12v negative battery terminal for a few minutes. It takes a 10 mm wrench and many have one they just keep with them now.

OP
OP

Carroll

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition Platinum
The ultimate reset and likely easiest fix for most things Ford is to disconnect the 12v negative battery terminal for a few minutes. It takes a 10 mm wrench and many have one they just keep with them now.
Tried that and was unsuccessful.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Carroll

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition Platinum
Oddly enough, my dashboard screen went totally dark today. The big center console screen was still working in my case.

I tried a soft reset (hold down left and right outer buttons on steering wheel) and it didn't help.
Tried turning off the truck and restart, also no good.

So I opened the frunk to get access to the 12V battery and disconnected the ground wire, waited 30 seconds and reconnected it.
Et Voila! It's working again.

Note: When disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V battery, sometimes the frunk button stops working because it gets confused. I had to manually close the frunk most of the way until it automatically latched itself closed. After that the frunk worked normally.

It still has not come on. It has been all day worked just fine yesterday. By frunk do you mean trunk?

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Could be a connector or the screen, the dealer should be able to check pretty easily.
Sponsored