First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Received notification via FordPass app that my 2.5.1 update is scheduled to install tonite. 2.4.3 was 16 days ago; 2.4.5 was 3-4 days ago.
I feel like we're on the exact same schedule. My fordpass says my 2.5.1 will install tonight (I have updates set to 1am).
Sponsored

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
Is BlueCruise active once you hit 2.5.2 or is it 2.5.3? I'm at 2.5.1 after last night's update appears to have been successful.

Last edited:

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
Is BlueCruise active once you hit 2.5.2 or is it 2.5.3. I'm at 2.5.1 after last night's update appears to have been successful.
It's active after 2.5.2. 2.5.3 modifies the driver assistance settings menu to have the appropriate nomenclature for a Blue Cruise enabled vehicle.

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
So my truck is one of the lucky job 1 trucks I have had less than 6 months that the computer was locked and couldn't take OTA updates. So I took it to the dealer for its first service and the TSB to fix that along with several other things. Technician told me nearly every module on the truck needed updating and when done should correct several of the issues. That was 29 March. Now the dealer is still having issues with the updates and can't get it to take anything past 90% and working with Ford to try and figure it out. No hit on the Dealership because I believe they are doing their best. But at what point do I complain to Ford?

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 4x4
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I'm with you guys on the schedule. Got 2.5.1 last night after receiving 2.4.3-2.4.5 last week. Looking forward to the BlueCruise soon!

Sponsored

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
I'm with you guys on the schedule. Got 2.5.1 last night after receiving 2.4.3-2.4.5 last week. Looking forward to the BlueCruise soon!
Don’t hold your breath waiting for 2.5.2. I got 2.5.1 last Friday afternoon. Nothing since. Maddening.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
When a dealer does the BlueCruise software update does he have all the versions necessary? I'm going in Tuesday for the "Product Improvement Program" and I'd hate to come home without the total package because the dealer is 50 miles away. I called today and asked about the USB to Ethernet cable and they seemed to think they had whatever it takes.

azDcab21

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost/FX4
When a dealer does the BlueCruise software update does he have all the versions necessary? I'm going in Tuesday for the "Product Improvement Program" and I'd hate to come home without the total package because the dealer is 50 miles away. I called today and asked about the USB to Ethernet cable and they seemed to think they had whatever it takes.
its risky. I think every truck may be different depending on the state of the software currently on it. I can say my truck, like others, has been sitting at the dealership for 2 days now waiting to see if they can figure it out. Even when it runs smooth it still takes 8-12 hrs....
Just my 2cents

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
its risky. I think every truck may be different depending on the state of the software currently on it. I can say my truck, like others, has been sitting at the dealership for 2 days now waiting to see if they can figure it out. Even when it runs smooth it still takes 8-12 hrs....
Just my 2cents
I'm still stuck on 1.7.1 I just watched the informative YouTube video and it seems that after hours of effort he got his truck updated to that point but nothing more and he was planning on OTA updates to get him over the finish line. I'm very tired of waiting.

JDinNFLA

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Star White 3.5 EB
I wouldn’t count on them getting you all the way. Very few have the talent to handle these updates.

Sponsored

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A SuperCrew 4x4 EcoBoost
Got BlueCruise activated today - 2.5.2 installed via OTA. I'm early access but did not receive an invite to BlueCruise.

One thing I found really useful in getting through was the widget (thanks @tonesto7 !). The OTA status in the widget was by far the most accurate and useful way of understanding where the updates were at (the update details in the truck are flat-out wrong in many circumstances). I found that the "Latest Status" provided in the widget updated in close to real time. I could see it move from update queued to artifact retrieval in progress to deploying to success (and then the message from Ford would come through). This was useful as it lets you "nudge" the truck every so often: a quick power off and on when queued could start the download.

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited
Just my 2cents
My truck was a the dealer for 7 days to try to get the OTA's up to date and came back with NOTHING done, dealer said they had multiple failures attempting TSB 22-2117.

To be completely honest I don't trust the Local dealer here at all, I've had ALOT of problems with them.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'll post about my experience next week. I'm hopeful that I might be getting the truck I paid for 14 months ago.

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum, Audi R8, Audi S5, Audi Q7,
I was bumped up to 2.5.2 last night. Got in my truck today and I saw a BlueCruise now engaged message pop up temporarily on my center gauge cluster. However, the background of the gauge cluster didn’t seem to be any different than what I’ve been experiencing for the past 15 months with just the normal intelligent cruise + lane assist. Is there a setting that I need to activate?

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 4x4
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I got a notification through the android widget that 2.5.2 is lined up to be installed today. Fordpass app hasn't updated with the update waiting note yet. Here's hoping.
Sponsored