First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Security Manager
Very glad my subscription was included and doesn’t expire until next August. Still wondering what is going on with the BC OTA updates. My understanding is BC 1.4 is out but no explanation from Ford on what is happening with its distribution.
Sponsored

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Like many others have said, no way I’m paying for this. OTAs are by far and away my biggest gripe with @Ford Motor Company. Ford has not proven that they can (a) build great software and (b) keep it up updated for existing customers.

Them saying “it’s not like updating a smartphone” tells me everything I need to know about their ability to think about software like a tech company capable of deploying updates at scale and not a legacy automaker. I would have thought that their hiring of former Apple and Tesla experts would have made a bigger impact by now but maybe they’re saving all that for T3. In the meantime, many of their brand advocates and early adopters feel neglected.

By the way, I would love for @Ford Motor Company to be active in the forum and share their thoughts on the negative experiences so many of their customers are sharing. Talk to your customers, Ford!