• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buyback process - FCSP return?

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Sadly, I was approved for a buyback of my 2023 Lightning XLT ER due to unresolved issues with the truck. For those of you that have had a buyback of their Lightning, did Ford want the FCSP returned along with the truck?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Sadly, I was approved for a buyback of my 2023 Lightning XLT ER due to unresolved issues with the truck. For those of you that have had a buyback of their Lightning, did Ford want the FCSP returned along with the truck?
Several have posted, no.

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several have posted, no.
I apologize for duplicating the effort. Thanks for the response! I will keep the FCSP even thought it will turn into a "dumb" EVSE since it won't have the connection to Fordpass after the truck is returned.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I apologize for duplicating the effort. Thanks for the response! I will keep the FCSP even thought it will turn into a "dumb" EVSE since it won't have the connection to Fordpass after the truck is returned.
It also can't charge anything without a native CCS1 port. No Telsa, no J1772 only vehicles, and when the industry goes full NACS soon it won't work on any of those (unless Ford makes an adapter for the FCSP). People have been hacking up adapters to get it to work with varying results.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Gotta love standards, there are just so many of them!

Sponsored

Nikola 369

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Sales Engineer
It also can't charge anything without a native CCS1 port. No Telsa, no J1772 only vehicles, and when the industry goes full NACS soon it won't work on any of those (unless Ford makes an adapter for the FCSP). People have been hacking up adapters to get it to work with varying results.
Except Tesla already sells one for CCS1 to NACS for Tesla owners. They have one for DCFC and another for AC only

Nikola 369

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I’m pretty sure that the Tesla AC adapter is J1772 (notCCS1) to NACS.
I’m not totally sure but I was at a charge point when a Tesla guy came and tried to use one on DCFC. Although it did attach ok and then to car, it did charge of coarse because there is no AC level 2 in a DCFC station. The connect came out of a Tesla bag and slipped right onto the CCS1 tap 😬

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
What were the "unresolved issues"?

OP
OP

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What were the "unresolved issues"?
The biggest one was a high frequency vibration felt in the steering wheel while turning left. They replaced the steering rack, no change. Ford gave up at that point and it was in the shop nearly 3 month so I requested a buyback and here we are. Sad because I liked the truck otherwise, but the vibration is incredibly annoying. Other Lightnings I drove did not have this issue as far as I could tell.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Tesla does not sell a CCS1 to NACS adapter for level 2 charging. Their adapters for CCS1 (not J1772) are DC only.
Sponsored