• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Camper and Tesla superchargers

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
I received my adapter 4 days before Seattle to San Diego and back. Love the camper and the adapter. 395 down 101/1 home. Camped on SD, Santa Barbara, and southern Oregon.

Ford F-150 Lightning Camper and Tesla superchargers IMG_7884

Ford F-150 Lightning Camper and Tesla superchargers IMG_7764

Ford F-150 Lightning Camper and Tesla superchargers IMG_7916

Ford F-150 Lightning Camper and Tesla superchargers IMG_7760

Ford F-150 Lightning Camper and Tesla superchargers IMG_7999

Ford F-150 Lightning Camper and Tesla superchargers IMG_7748
Sponsored

vorguy

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lightning Lariat, '03 F-250 6.0, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Airport maintenance
Nice setup! Must have been a beautiful drive down the eastern side of the Sierras and back the coastal route. What was the miles/kW with the camper, if I may ask?

OP
OP

GoHawks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning ER
Nice setup! Must have been a beautiful drive down the eastern side of the Sierras and back the coastal route. What was the miles/kW with the camper, if I may ask?
I put the Colorado fairing on right away. Worst mpkhw I got was 1.4, the best was 2.1 and I averaged 1.85. I have an obd2 reader so was doing my own Calc. In regular driving now that I am home it’s averaging 1.9-2.1. Speed kills but that should be no surprise.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
We overnighted once on the beach parking in the Santa Barbara area, in our Diesel Pusher Motorhome, towing our car, back in 2016... on RINCON BEACH... what a place.

this was after coming South on the BIG 1 past Big Sur, the Hearst Castle, Carmel to Cambria....wow!!!! This drive is NOT for the faint-of-heart, ESPECIALLY in a large motorhome, while towing, and while on the CLIFF SIDE, with major dropoffs along the way!(this was all before the loss of the bridge/road at Big Sur which wiped out travel to/thru there back in January 2023)

back on he subject at hand, though, we've towed our 3,000lb single-axle camper for over 20,000 miles, and love it... the truck provides power to the camper WHILE we are towing it, so stopping and snacking In the air conditioning is perfect, and a bathroom doesn't hurt, either. The fridge stays COLD, and it's a residential 120v variety. The water heater, 120v, can also be making hot water while traveling... coming from a large diesel pusher with a large battery bank and inverter, and diesel generator, it works now even better than that... no loud generator, no fuel, no worries about the battery bank giving out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I received my adapter 4 days before Seattle to San Diego and back. Love the camper and the adapter. 395 down 101/1 home. Camped on SD, Santa Barbara, and southern Oregon.

IMG_7884.jpeg

IMG_7764.jpeg

IMG_7916.jpeg

IMG_7760.jpeg

IMG_7999.jpeg

IMG_7748.jpeg
What an awesome set up! Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored