• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro wiring diagram?

Chuin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Has anyone seen a wiring diagram / installation Instructions for the charge station pro? Electrician is asking for it to finalize my quote.
Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
It was on this forum that they got from the OEM of the inverter I think. It didn't mention AWG or such but a good electrician could figure it out from the diagram I'd think. The OEM ought to have a manual out by now.

If you just are asking about the charger only part and don't care about the home integration that it is a 100A circuit or less if you choose to de-rate the EVSE.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I have not seen instructions, but the Pro charger is like all hardwired ev chargers in that it is a three wire install (2 load and one ground). The question is how do you set amperage.

With my Tesla wall connector the amperage is set through the install app. Most chargers I have seen for J1172 use dip switches to set amperage.

In regards to wire gauge it safe to say it accepts 10 AWG to 2 AWG.

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...ightning/pdf/Lightning_FCSP_Install_Specs.pdf

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The overview pictorials noted above are fine home owner but an installing electrician would like to the nitty gritty.

The first to get the Ford Charge Station Pro, please scan and up load the ~Actual~ installation booklet and the same for the HIS...

Thank you very much!!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Since the OP is only asking about the CCP, and not the HIS, that aeeexpress stuff is meaningless.

The CCP is simply an EVSE, so it requires a branch circuit that meets NEC article 625 for the code version in effect at that location. In order to get full capacity, a 100A circuit is needed, but the CCP can be set to a lower rate depending on what power is available.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Since the OP is only asking about the CCP, and not the HIS, that aeeexpress stuff is meaningless.

The CCP is simply an EVSE, so it requires a branch circuit that meets NEC article 625 for the code version in effect at that location. In order to get full capacity, a 100A circuit is needed, but the CCP can be set to a lower rate depending on what power is available.
Agree, and if looking to install the SunRun HIS now or in the future, per Delta (SunRun HIS manufacturer) be prepared to add/install another conductor run consisting of two #8 copper conductors for the DC return to the SunRun BDI unit.

OP
OP

Chuin

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Thanks. This is what I was looking for. The electrician just wanted to verify nothing special was needed in addition to a normal junction box.

pjorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I am installing a JuiceBox 40 connected to a NEMA 14-50 receptacle in the location where I will (theoretically, maybe, someday) put a Ford Charge Station Pro (CSP), if I ever get to place an order.

This is a garage, and the installation is going to use surface-mounted EMT conduit.

I know that the CSP is hardwire-only. Is there any publicly-available information about how a surface-mount install should be coordinated/where the knock-outs are located on the device? In the videos I've seen the CSP is always shown flush-mounted, so the wiring presumably enters from the rear.

Ideally I'd like to position the 14-50 such that its box can simply be removed and the CSP can be mounted right there and mate directly with the existing EMT, but I don't know if there's any information available about how precisely that works yet.

P.S., before anyone mentions it: I know that you need larger conductors for a 100 amp/80 amp branch circuit vs. a 50 amp/40 amp branch circuit; my plan is to ask the electrician to use EMT that is large enough to accommodate the heavier wiring (and possibly, to just install heavier gauge wiring to begin with even though the lower amp circuit won't require it).

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I am installing a JuiceBox 40 connected to a NEMA 14-50 receptacle in the location where I will (theoretically, maybe, someday) put a Ford Charge Station Pro (CSP), if I ever get to place an order.

This is a garage, and the installation is going to use surface-mounted EMT conduit.

I know that the CSP is hardwire-only. Is there any publicly-available information about how a surface-mount install should be coordinated/where the knock-outs are located on the device? In the videos I've seen the CSP is always shown flush-mounted, so the wiring presumably enters from the rear.

Ideally I'd like to position the 14-50 such that its box can simply be removed and the CSP can be mounted right there and mate directly with the existing EMT, but I don't know if there's any information available about how precisely that works yet.

P.S., before anyone mentions it: I know that you need larger conductors for a 100 amp/80 amp branch circuit vs. a 50 amp/40 amp branch circuit; my plan is to ask the electrician to use EMT that is large enough to accommodate the heavier wiring (and possibly, to just install heavier gauge wiring to begin with even though the lower amp circuit won't require it).
there Has been so much written, I don’t remember where I saw it, but I’m leaning to a ford site.
i recall seeing both side and rear ports for install flexibility. I feel greater than 95% certainty that’s what I read

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
My plan is to have a 100 A line installed to the inside of the garage, but I'm not going to install the Pro EVSE even if I get it free. I will install a 48 A Wallbox and a 40 A Wallbox. Before everyone gets up in arms that I'm overloading the line, the two EVSE will communicate and will only draw 80 A max between the two on the line ;)

pjorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
My plan is to have a 100 A line installed to the inside of the garage, but I'm not going to install the Pro EVSE even if I get it free. I will install a 48 A Wallbox and a 40 A Wallbox. Before everyone gets up in arms that I'm overloading the line, the two EVSE will communicate and will only draw 80 A max between the two on the line ;)
Perhaps this is obvious, but I take it you have more than one EV you need to charge?

Why not two 48 amp chargers instead of a 40 and 48, if they can circuit share?

Why not just use the 80 amp charger to charge each EV one at a time?

(All honest questions; I can imagine some reasonable answers but am curious what your rationale is.)

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Perhaps this is obvious, but I take it you have more than one EV you need to charge?

Why not two 48 amp chargers instead of a 40 and 48, if they can circuit share?

Why not just use the 80 amp charger to charge each EV one at a time?

(All honest questions; I can imagine some reasonable answers but am curious what your rationale is.)
Wife currently drives a PHEV (currently using a 110V EVSE) and would not be able to use the Pro charger...I've told her to start looking at BEVs.

I decided to use a 48 A and 40 A because I could add them separately to make sure the claims by Wallbox are true...will be able to initialize the plug Into the NIMA 14-50 after the hard-wired 48 A.

With our current driving habits, don't need anything more... My current three-year-old Sierra Denali just crossed 12k miles.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Wife currently drives a PHEV (currently using a 110V EVSE) and would not be able to use the Pro charger...I've told her to start looking at BEVs.

I decided to use a 48 A and 40 A because I could add them separately to make sure the claims by Wallbox are true...will be able to initialize the plug Into the NIMA 14-50 after the hard-wired 48 A.

With our current driving habits, don't need anything more... My current three-year-old Sierra Denali just crossed 12k miles.
Can't depend in power share if you plug in. NEC requires a dedicated circuit for an EVSE plug.
Sponsored