• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging in the Delmarva (DE, MD & VA) Peninsula

OP
OP
OverExtendedAgain

OverExtendedAgain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 1999 Corvette Roadster
Occupation
Real Estate
Traveling without a Tesla adapter can be a bit tricky, especially in areas with fewer charging options. Unfortunately, the Delmarva Peninsula is a bit of a charging desert.

I’d recommend planning your trip with a tool like PlugShare or ChargePoint to find all possible charging locations along your route. Some hotels and resorts might have slower chargers, so maybe give them a call to check.

Also, consider taking some breaks to charge at the stations you do find to ensure you have enough juice.
Plug share has been very helpful.

BTW, I spoke to a rep at the EV Institute today. They have a lot of chargers on the coast, including Ocean City and Bethany. he said the chargers in Ocean City are down again due to a power surge, which seems to happen a lot there due to what he called dirty electric power in that area.

I think I’ll be OK with a stop at the Queenstown outlets and first state Chevy in Georgetown DE. I should arrive in Bethany with more than 60% charge. I can then charge at the level two chargers in Bethany and have more than enough to get me back to first State Chevy on my return. So I think I’m good.
I’ll sure be glad to see that Ford Tesla adapter when it arrives!
Sponsored

OP
OP
OverExtendedAgain

OverExtendedAgain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
I think the Royal Farms along the way down Rt1 and Rt113 have finally been turned back on as of last fall, but not sure that helps you out on the direction you'd be traveling from. I used an EVGo at Upper Marlboro two weeks ago when coming home from North Beach MD, but if you're taking 50 over then it could be tricky.
After charging at the Queenstown outlets, I’ll be going down 404 and charging at first State Chevy in Georgetown DE at 113 & 404. There is also a blink charger at the Royal Farms nearby so I feel good about my chances. With luck I should arrive in Bethany with more than a 60% charge. Then Bethany has five or more level two chargers. So I think I’m good….. maybe…. probably.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
After charging at the Queenstown outlets, I’ll be going down 404 and charging at first State Chevy in Georgetown DE at 113 & 404. There is also a blink charger at the Royal Farms nearby so I feel good about my chances. With luck I should arrive in Bethany with more than a 60% charge. Then Bethany has five or more level two chargers. So I think I’m good….. maybe…. probably.
I'll be headed towards Georgetown this weekend, well, Cape Henlopen to see if the truck gets stuck in the sand :fingerscrossed: will have to see if First State Chevy is a stop I'll have to make to get some extra juice for the day on the beach, should Royal Farms let me down.

OP
OP
OverExtendedAgain

OverExtendedAgain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
I'll be headed towards Georgetown this weekend, well, Cape Henlopen to see if the truck gets stuck in the sand :fingerscrossed: will have to see if First State Chevy is a stop I'll have to make to get some extra juice for the day on the beach, should Royal Farms let me down.
That sounds like fun!

As I'm sure you know, the Blink chargers at the Royal Farms are only 60 Kw chargers while the EV Connect chargers at First State Chevy are 120 Kw chargers (supposedly).

Have you charged at either of them before? Do you know something I (most likely) don't?
Why not start at the Chevy dealer?

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
That sounds like fun!

As I'm sure you know, the Blink chargers at the Royal Farms are only 60 Kw chargers while the EV Connect chargers at First State Chevy are 120 Kw chargers (supposedly).

Have you charged at either of them before? Do you know something I (most likely) don't?
Why not start at the Chevy dealer?
We're actually stopping 20 minutes northeast-ish away from Georgetown (staying with friends in Milton) and then would be doing the beach thing on Saturday so 60kW would be fine to give us some extra percentage.

The last time I went south Blink hadn't even been the provider for those chargers so I don't have any experience with them just yet, and the reviews on Plugshare seem a bit all over the place for managing to have an 8.8 score.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
For those complaining about missing chargers, PlugShare is crowdsourced. Charger not in their system? ADD IT.

OP
OP
OverExtendedAgain

OverExtendedAgain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
We're actually stopping 20 minutes northeast-ish away from Georgetown (staying with friends in Milton) and then would be doing the beach thing on Saturday so 60kW would be fine to give us some extra percentage.

The last time I went south Blink hadn't even been the provider for those chargers so I don't have any experience with them just yet, and the reviews on Plugshare seem a bit all over the place for managing to have an 8.8 score.
For those complaining about missing chargers, PlugShare is crowdsourced. Charger not in their system? ADD IT.
Good point RL. Once I confirm the details of these chargers I will be happy to share my findings.

I discovered The Dept of Energy website this week and it is supposed to have every EV charging station in the nation on their map:
https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity-locations#/find/nearest?fuel=ELEC

For me, personally...
It shows a 150 kW, CCS, Blink charger at the Royal Farms in Georgetown, DE on corner of Rt 113 & Rt 18 (AKA Rt 404) confirmed July 2024.

It also confirms the EV Connect charger nearby at First State Chevy: CCS, 120 kW.

It will also map your route!
There are, of course, other fast chargers in Delaware, although not many.
Sponsored

Last edited: