• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Clock gone bonkers!

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
Hello friends.

I did a quick search and didn't find anyone else commenting on this. Forgive, delete and link if needed.

I've had a few updates recently. Can't really tell you which, because it seems that they took the notifications out of Ford Pass. Or at least, I'M not getting them most of the time. But to the point... suddenly my displayed clock is randomly changing times. I got in the truck this morning at a little after 8am and the clock on the big screen said 12:23. I had already had to reset the time recently. The pre-set departure time had activated the climate control when it was supposed to - but I suspect that's driven by the app, not the truck time (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyone else living time-warp? I've done a very brief look at settings and don't see an option for manual time setting vs. "system clock" or whatever they might call that.

TIA for any suggestions. Not a huge problem, but strange and annoying.
'23 Lariat ER Tow
Sponsored

OP
OP
Whitewater64

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
Well DUH. I SWEAR I tried to scroll down to find that. But I guess I fumbled it. It's right there under "24-hour clock".

Funny thing is I called Ford and the advisor didn't suggest that. She did find 30(!) error codes and multiple failed/incomplete downloads, so I guess my time with her wasn't wasted.

Thanks for responding so fast.

SMMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning (ordered)
My clock has never been correct, despite being on automatic and resetting multiple it times. It is always, randomly, off 10-20 minutes. When setting a destination, that estimate is always correct, so some clock somewhere is working. A minor inconvenience from my standpoint. Everything else seems to work just fine.

Bitterbrush

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F-150, 2015 Explorer, 2023 Lightning LariatER
Occupation
Pilot
Hello friends.

I did a quick search and didn't find anyone else commenting on this. Forgive, delete and link if needed.

I've had a few updates recently. Can't really tell you which, because it seems that they took the notifications out of Ford Pass. Or at least, I'M not getting them most of the time. But to the point... suddenly my displayed clock is randomly changing times. I got in the truck this morning at a little after 8am and the clock on the big screen said 12:23. I had already had to reset the time recently. The pre-set departure time had activated the climate control when it was supposed to - but I suspect that's driven by the app, not the truck time (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyone else living time-warp? I've done a very brief look at settings and don't see an option for manual time setting vs. "system clock" or whatever they might call that.

'23 Lariat ER Tow
I just got my truck back from a service appointment due to an incomplete update scrambling the clock, the day of the week, and a few other things like the truck think every once in a while that a door was ajar.

The OTA folks thought it would push through somehow, then changed their minds.

Good luck. Hopefully a subsequent update will make it right.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
One of the recent updates set the clock to manual mode. You just have to set it back to automatic update of time. Mine was 2 minutes off last week.

Sponsored

Ricks Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro, 2024 F150 Lightning Flash
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
You sure your lighting is not a time machine..

Rick

Ford F-150 Lightning Clock gone bonkers! 20240713_184804

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 2021 Mach-e er
Occupation
Retired
Mine was off too by about2 1/4 hours on last Wednesday. The difference between the Nav time the clock drove be crazy,

Ratherhavefun

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
CEO of Seemore and Dolittle
Hello friends.

'23 Lariat ER Tow
lol just for fun!
From someone who has too much time on hand… just curious, did the time change to, back in time, or, ahead in time?
It makes a difference…. If it went back in time, you may have an opportunity to revisit your path, possibly correct a few mistakes?, but if ahead… well, you’ll always be wondering where all that time went… Hmmm! Please don’t ask me how I would know!
Actually, being retired, this subject has nearly eliminated my need for a clock… just sayin’.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 2021 Mach-e er
Occupation
Retired
Sorry didn’t check to see if I won the lottery 2 1/4 hrs ahead
Sponsored