• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Comma AI self driver assistant

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I have been following this project closely and planned to pull the trigger soon. I had another mouser order and even ordered all the components that @Ajzride suggested to make the extension cable. When I logged into the Discord server I was shocked to find out that @Ajzride was banned! He was the only reason I was confident to take the plunge based on his support here, on the f150 forum, and the Ford channel of the discord server. Whatever happened, it is a huge disservice to the ford community who wants to implement comma AI and sunny pilot or the new blue pilot fork @Ajzride was contributing to. Anyway, if @Ajzride would like to hop in here and comment, I would appreciate it. I imagine he may be a bit salty about things considering he was the #1 advocate and first line of support for Comma AI in ford vehicles. I hope he continues on, or if he moves his efforts elsewhere, I will be sure to follow!
Sponsored

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I concentrate most of my support on the Broader Gen14 F150 forum. But you an always ping me here too:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...t-a-ford-specific-fork-for-the-comma3x.24241/
Thanks for replying, I keep an eye wherever you post. To confirm you will continue supporting comma ai and contributing to the BluePilot fork of sunny pilot? Just want to make sure you’ll still be involved as it seems you have driven the most development of everything Ford in terms of Comma AI. Thanks for all you do by the way!

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
Thanks for replying, I keep an eye wherever you post. To confirm you will continue supporting comma ai and contributing to the BluePilot fork of sunny pilot? Just want to make sure you’ll still be involved as it seems you have driven the most development of everything Ford in terms of Comma AI. Thanks for all you do by the way!
I'm not walking away from the project, I have a lot of passion for it. I'll just be staying clear of anyone who actually works for comma.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
I was finally able to fix my wiring issues and get my comma working. ( Attributed to Comma factory harness pins not makimg good contact. Not any of my harness modifications) I also downloaded the latest Bluepilot software and it's working pretty darn good. I can get it up to about 74 mph with stable lane keeping. Above that It still ping pongs a bit.
Many thanks to @Ajzride for helping work the bugs out and troubleshooting.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro
Have been following this and was all set to make the extension harness this weekend, and ...the Q4 harness has been updated and the white harness in to the break out box has changed. Will post a pic later. Unfortunately the startup errors do still exist, hoping we can get new part numbers for these connectors.

Ford F-150 Lightning Comma AI self driver assistant PXL_20240804_163123266~2

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
Have been following this and was all set to make the extension harness this weekend, and ...the Q4 harness has been updated and the white harness in to the break out box has changed. Will post a pic later. Unfortunately the startup errors do still exist, hoping we can get new part numbers for these connectors.
The white part is now:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/501646-1800?qs=0XEC3CxQBhA%2BL0eCX3iFZA==

Pins:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/501647-1100?qs=MeCAwI9ZxERfLG%2BPYEOBVw==

Receptical:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/501645-1820?qs=AcmJtBVhzkSC09DvP4X49A==

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro
@Ajzride you are amazing! Do you plan on having an updated video or pin out diagram? I can send you the connectors I bought as I will no longer need them if you have any use for them.

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
@Ajzride you are amazing! Do you plan on having an updated video or pin out diagram? I can send you the connectors I bought as I will no longer need them if you have any use for them.
I don't think a new video is necessary. It's the exact same process, except there are no more passthrough wires in the harness, so you don't have to loop back those extra 4 wires on the backside of the extension harness (comma basically copied that concept when they made the new harness and now those 4 wires just go straight from the grey connector to the black one).

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
Can't seem to find my Comma app on my phone anymore, and it hasn't updated on the web app (connect.comma.ai) but I've got a little over 8100 miles on the 3X with my Lightning.

Heading to central Maine in 3 weeks so it'll be a good test between charging stops.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro
I don't think a new video is necessary. It's the exact same process, except there are no more passthrough wires in the harness, so you don't have to loop back those extra 4 wires on the backside of the extension harness (comma basically copied that concept when they made the new harness and now those 4 wires just go straight from the grey connector to the black one).
Got it. Imagine we can adjust your coupler enclosure file to fit this too. Ordered the parts, thanks again!
Sponsored