First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 F-450 Platinum & '23 Ford Lightning Lariat & 2 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
My observation is that solar farms are designed for where they are installed. By us, most solar panels face south. Some solar farms have various panels at slightly different angles. Not one tracks anything.

We were in Vermont in April. Most of the solar installations I saw (which were smaller than around here), including residential ones, were setup to track the sun. Likely because they were so much further north, and the terrain is steep.
The solar farms I see here in Florida seem to track the sun. Depending on the time of day I drive by them they are ALL appear to be aligned at the sun.

https://www.heraldtribune.com/pictu...e-clean-power-with-solar-plants/71220427007/#

Ford F-150 Lightning Connecting SOLIS Solar Tonneau Cover to Main Battery IMG_1509
Sponsored

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The site says they can generate up to 650 watts. I don’t see how that is possible. If they had 100% coverage on a 4’ x 8’ box they’d still only have an output of ~500 watts. So they’re claiming about 30% great efficiency than the best pv panels on the market today. Based on the images on their website, they don’t have 100% coverage.
That's beauty of selling vaporware. The product does not exist at all. The whole thing is a work of fiction, selling pre-orders to gullible people who don't know any better. When something doesn't actually exist and is just play make believe, you can make up any specifications you want!

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Seeing a lot of hate on these, but I think this might be one of those things that is very expensive right now, imagine if they become popular and others come in and compete. What if the price was $1500 vs a $1000 regular cover? I think that would be kind of nice.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Seeing a lot of hate on these, but I think this might be one of those things that is very expensive right now, imagine if they become popular and others come in and compete. What if the price was $1500 vs a $1000 regular cover? I think that would be kind of nice.
Did you literally not read any of this thread at all?? The price has nothing to do with it. The problem isn't the price and nobody is hating on this. The problem is that what they are selling is a non existent scam pre-order. The problem is a small solar array the size of a truck bed cannot charge an EV. So no, I wouldn't buy this non existent scam for the lower price of $1,000 either.

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
Did you literally not read any of this thread at all?? The price has nothing to do with it. The problem isn't the price and nobody is hating on this. The problem is that what they are selling is a non existent scam pre-order. The problem is a small solar array the size of a truck bed cannot charge an EV. So no, I wouldn't buy this non existent scam for the lower price of $1,000 either.
I did read. If it’s a scam, obviously then that is one thing. I was more pointing/mentioning competition where it wouldn’t be a scam and thinking how technology can change. I guess I should have been more specific.