Sponsored

CSP: auto de-rating to 4 ish kWh after 2 years (see photos)

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
CSP is de-rating upon plugin after 2 years. 100 A circuit.
problem free 15 to 16 kWh charging. Now 4.1-4.4 upon plugin.
Environmental and battery temp not an issue. problem for past 2 months, though for a bit I could get it back to 15 by re-saving 80 amp setting.

can connect to charger with Ford Pass(FP). 1) set to 30 amps > save. Set back to 80 amps > save
briefly rises to 16kwh, then derates back to 4.4 ish

checked lugs at all points of installation. Rebooted CSP

question:
any troubleshooting suggestions?
warranty, is that 3 year/36k?

haven’t pulled out the manual, but is there a number for Charger dept?

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP: auto de-rating to 4 ish kWh after 2 years (see photos) IMG_1996
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP: auto de-rating to 4 ish kWh after 2 years (see photos) IMG_1997
Ford F-150 Lightning CSP: auto de-rating to 4 ish kWh after 2 years (see photos) IMG_2001
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You say your environment and battery temps are ok. But what about the charge port temp?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully it's not an overheating issue due to loose lug on the 240 volt power lines inside the cabinet.

Several month's a few of us tried adjusting the FCSP amperage rating, the adjustment would not always stick, but I tried changing the device nickname and that seemed to make the value change post to the device.

Add a character to your device name and also lower value to 70 amps to see if it has an effect, do this while it's not plugged in and charging.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP: auto de-rating to 4 ish kWh after 2 years (see photos) 1727830744888-zo

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The truck will throttle the charge rate if it detects an overheated charge port. It could even be a faulty charge port temperature sensor. The quickest way to isolate the problem is to try another EVSE.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
I would certainly talk to Ford about this. We just had an RMA on our original FCSP -Actually it's the second one we've had, because the first one was misbehaving with the HIS.

The night before we were going up to BC for Everything Electric, I'd set the unit to charge the truck to 100% with a departure time of 5am (we usually charge to 85%) and the unit didn't top off.

When we got back, I realized that there was a fault in the FCSP. Some of the circuitry under the Ford logo was getting pretty darned hot, and it doesn't charge the truck any more. I reported it to Ford, and they sent a replacement unit that's getting fitted tomorrow under RMA. Apparently, there's a known issue with the early Siemens charging stations. Maybe it's connected to your derating?

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I would certainly talk to Ford about this. We just had an RMA on our original FCSP -Actually it's the second one we've had, because the first one was misbehaving with the HIS.

The night before we were going up to BC for Everything Electric, I'd set the unit to charge the truck to 100% with a departure time of 5am (we usually charge to 85%) and the unit didn't top off.

When we got back, I realized that there was a fault in the FCSP. Some of the circuitry under the Ford logo was getting pretty darned hot, and it doesn't charge the truck any more. I reported it to Ford, and they sent a replacement unit that's getting fitted tomorrow under RMA. Apparently, there's a known issue with the early Siemens charging stations. Maybe it's connected to your derating?
did they tell you how early of units?

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
did they tell you how early of units?
Alas, no - I'll have to do some digging.

I actually have a spare FCSP too at the house (because when I purchased the replacement for my written-off truck, I purposely got a '23 so I'd get the dual chargers etc. It came with a complimentary FCSP ;)
Sponsored