• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Curious about permits for Charge Station Pro

thequackenbush

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
I live in the capital region of upstate NY. Hopefully will be receiving my Charge Station in the coming days.

I have a number of electricians in my family- has anyone had to get a permit for this? The info on my county website is nebulous at best and points me to a "best practices" pdf published in 2013 that, in part, includes sample documents from Irvine CA and Cary, NC.

I'm assuming that basically means "you do you, man" but I'm curious how others have proceeded.
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I used a licensed electrician (Ford paid) but no permit as this wasn’t a home improvement.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I used a licensed electrician (Ford paid) but no permit as this wasn’t a home improvement.
West Coast Florida, Same here, but I had a hard wired Tesla Wall Connector installed with a60 amp circuit by a licensed electrician, no permit.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My township requires a permit to add a circuit.

Sponsored

Rickpo4238

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lighting 2023
Occupation
Retired
I live in the capital region of upstate NY. Hopefully will be receiving my Charge Station in the coming days.

I have a number of electricians in my family- has anyone had to get a permit for this? The info on my county website is nebulous at best and points me to a "best practices" pdf published in 2013 that, in part, includes sample documents from Irvine CA and Cary, NC.

I'm assuming that basically means "you do you, man" but I'm curious how others have proceeded.
I also used a licensed electrician and had to get a permit because I had to add a electrical box. Existing one didn’t have capacity for the new breaker/load. It was a change in service (Washington State). My brother, who is a building contractor installed his himself and needed nothing additional so no permits required.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
The city will always always tell you that you need a permit.
Water heater
Toilet
Etc, etc...

Pay them if you want, but I rarely do.
It just gives them a reason to charge you, hassle you, slow you down, and cause headaches.

So long as your installer is licensed, and does the job correctly.... you should be fine.

City would double check that...

Al_V

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Yep. Actually more than the licensed electrician charged. The advantage of living outside a high cost area and being early adopter.
That's great! I did not know Ford paid for any installations.
Sponsored