• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer dropped Truck during Tire Rotation

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
That's exactly why I said "unless you destroyed one tire and replaced it with something mismatched." My comment was also directed to the F-150 Lightning, which comes with a matching spare tire on a matching wheel. As far as I know, all F-150s do.

If you buy a car with a doughnut or no spare, like my Chevy Bolt did and my Tesla does, you obviously can't include a spare in your rotation.

Irrelevant side point: I decided the Bolt needed a spare, but there wasn't room for something the size of one of the Bolt's wheels in the well under the floor of the cargo compartment under the cargo shelf, so I bought a Vredestein Space Master tire and wheel from a Mercedes. Those are stored uninflated and have a substantially smaller diameter before inflation. Because no wheel with the right bolt pattern and centering fit the tire (yes, I could have had something custom drilled), I had to have an adapter plate made. Once I cut out much of the styrofoam that usually fills that compartment, the wheel, tire, adapter plate and high-speed pump fit beautifully in that space like it was made for them. I didn't lose a single cubic inch of storage space. Maybe it the well was for made to hold a similar tire in some market where spare are required.

When I sold that car, I was incredibly disappointed that I'd never gotten a flat in it.
I suggest you drop your spare when you have a chance so you're not surprised. Your belief is incorrect both for the Lightning and many F-150s.

My 2013 F-150 had a matching tire, on a steel wheel. I don't believe too many have a matching nice wheel, and the Lightning doesn't come close in wheel or tire.
Sponsored

SBENKO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Wow, from now on I'm rotating the tires myself.