First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
I don’t think any of the rich and famous are looking at the lowly Lightning that any Joe Schmoe can attain. They are likely looking to purchase a Hummmer or Cybertruck. People who will pay Market Adjustment either want to brag around the block or are Social Media Stars who will make up what they paid with a video “Taking delivery of my Lightning the first”
And your definition of Joe Schmoe is……
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I don’t think you get my drift, competitive marketing is entirely different idea. Getting this new product out so everyone across the county can see for themselves that EV’s can work in our society. The world is changing no matter what “We the People” think. Just like computers, cellphones, and, flat screen tv’s. We can adapt or not, it’s up to each individual. Competitive marketing will follow when supply exceeds demand and only then.
You are correct. I don’t get your drift. I don’t see how a dealer auctioning off top spots to someone out of state or in state will accomplish that. Ford could easily accomplish even distribution by using reservation holder’s address and communicating to them that your time stamp is not the only determining factor. Your address is as well. Instead they chose to prioritize their relationship with dealers over customers which is a perfectly valid choice. All I am saying is that thinking the idea that we are going to run to Ford to complain about dealers may not be that effective because they have already picked a side.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
You are correct. I don’t get your drift. I don’t see how a dealer auctioning off top spots to someone out of state or in state will accomplish that. Ford could easily accomplish even distribution by using reservation holder’s address and communicating to them that your time stamp is not the only determining factor. Your address is as well. Instead they chose to prioritize their relationship with dealers over customers which is a perfectly valid choice. All I am saying is that thinking the idea that we are going to run to Ford to complain about dealers may not be that effective because they have already picked a side.
You don’t know that, you have no proof what Ford is going to do until they do it. I agree with you that Ford should (and they may) take address into account and limit/prevent the dealerships of doing just what you fear. How about we wait and see what/how does Ford handle this priority stuff and don’t get our britches all wadded up just yet.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
Someone who can afford a $39k truck?
Close… but not quite accurate.

Here’s what we know so far;
1) you must have placed a reservation prior to the cut off date.
2) you must get an invite from Ford to place an order.
3) your order must be one of those units that Ford is going to build.
4) the truck is actually closer to $40k than $39k.

And there’s probably more limits but based on this forum, not every Person that can afford a “$39k”truck is gonna get one, sad but true.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Close… but not quite accurate.

Here’s what we know so far;
1) you must have placed a reservation prior to the cut off date.
2) you must get an invite from Ford to place an order.
3) your order must be one of those units that Ford is going to build.
4) the truck is actually closer to $40k than $39k.

And there’s probably more limits but based on this forum, not every Person that can afford a “$39k”truck is gonna get one, sad but true.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here? I said Rich and Famous people will probably not be paying Market Adjustment on an F-150 Lightning a vehicle that every working person can afford.

You are outlining what every person in this forums already knows except you forgot to add that paying market adjustment to make you "Priority" doesn't mean you'll get your invite any sooner. Basically the dealer can take their $10K Market Adjustment and while you wait to be the "First" the dealer will be coming up with excuses on why someone else is getting their truck before you.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here? I said Rich and Famous people will probably not be paying Market Adjustment on an F-150 Lightning a vehicle that every working person can afford.

You are outlining what every person in this forums already knows except you forgot to add that paying market adjustment to make you "Priority" doesn't mean you'll get your invite any sooner. Basically the dealer can take their $10K Market Adjustment and while you wait to be the "First" the dealer will be coming up with excuses on why someone else is getting their truck before you.
I think the “Rich and Famous” will in fact, pay that price. You said every Joe Schmoe can have one, I said they can’t.

I’m betting Ford will minimize, if not, prevent, dealerships from doing just that. I stated in a previous post that, Ford is on a roll, stock is up, and, Farley doesn’t need any bad publicity caused by dealerships who Increase the price above MSRP. Another member on this forum has informed Levin who in turn replied to @Ford about concern. Again, I don’t see this issue being the norm across our country, honestly I think WE are better than that as business people.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Great job putting that asshat dealer on blast.

You can get a whole new shorty XL in addition to your Lightning for that insane $30K criminal markup!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
FWIW... I reached out to my dealer's GM this morning. He assured me MSRP-- no games, no gimmicks, no BS.

There are dealers who are not charging ADM. Don't buy into the "everybody is doing it" routine.

Dealer is Morris Ford in Ballston Lake, NY (Albany NY area)

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I think the “Rich and Famous” will in fact, pay that price. You said every Joe Schmoe can have one, I said they can’t.

I’m betting Ford will minimize, if not, prevent, dealerships from doing just that. I stated in a previous post that, Ford is on a roll, stock is up, and, Farley doesn’t need any bad publicity caused by dealerships who Increase the price above MSRP. Another member on this forum has informed Levin who in turn replied to @Ford about concern. Again, I don’t see this issue being the norm across our country, honestly I think WE are better than that as business people.
Spot on, let’s hope that’s how it’ll go down.

Sponsored

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Im getting the cold shoulder from my day one reservation dealership. Called the other one in town. They told me there will be no ADM and no prioritization, but that if I switch to them I will get moved to the back of the line. Are they able to do this?
That info is both true and untrue: When you switch you will be placed in queue based upon your timestamp automatically. If you do that today or tomorrow then they have the option to use one of their limited prioritization allowances to bump you manually. If you move after tomorrow then the deadline for them to tell Ford where to place you is already passed and you are safe.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
I guess this means that time stamps are completely arbitrary.

Could someone who placed a reservation on the last possible day be prioritized before someone who made a reservation on the first minute of the first day?
It is possible that a dealer can move their last reservation up before their first yes. However, timestamps are only one factor at play when it comes down to if you will get to order. Size of dealer and how many Lightnings they are given, timestamp, how quick people are to jump on placing their orders when invited, and trim levels selling out will all play a big part together. As an example our dealership is allowed to prioritize up to 15% of our orders, but we are going to use most of them to push non-local customers further back so we can help out people who actually live here, and will in the end use only a handful of those prioritizations given to us.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
Reply to RalpL: No, only people that had a reservation in by December 1st will be invited to order.
Inaccurate.

The December 1st deadline only has to do with how many prioritizations a dealer received. That number of prioritizations has nothing to do with how many Lightnings Ford will give a dealer.

A dealer with 100 reservations got to prioritize as many people as a dealer with 700 reservations.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Koons Ford also tacks on an upcharge for Shelby Mustangs and Raptor F150’s. They operate in an extremely well off area - northern VA.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Update: don't forget that there are still honest MSRP dealers out there -- see List: F-150 Lightning dealers that do / don't apply ADM (price markup)

Way to go Rodman Ford. :mad: Definitely won't be ordering from you. Anyone else's dealers come up with these ADM schemes yet?

rodman-ford.jpg

If you thought $5K ADM was a lot check Koons Falls Church asking for $30K over MSRP!!

268148817_10105953329262559_8328087699247807232_n.jpg
I just looked on the Ford order site for the MME and Koons Falls Church has a significant ADM included in the pricing eve though the nearby dealers that I looked at do not.

Most dealers I have talked to about MMEs or other vehicles do not upcharge ordered vehicles, but will if the vehicle becomes a retail unit because it was rejected by the customer who ordered it.
Sponsored